1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

For you Winchester Buffs

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by slide action, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Did any of you see Mr. Wooden from MO. shooting his model 97 Winchester at the Grand? He ran 199 in the Clay target Champinship and 50 straight in the shoot off! he posted a 93 in the Nitro Handicap and 95 in the GAH. He was turning targets into ink balls with that old gun! He was a`very pleasant gentleman and I enjoyed talking with him.

2. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

If it fits it smokes 'em.

3. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

Didn't see Mr Wooden but read a nice article in the Carbondale paper about his shooting and the "97".I believe the gun was given to him by his father when he was a boy. He added a rib and has refinished the gun...............Roger

4. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Roger, Wish you had gotten to meet him. I loved watching him shoot that old gun wearing his bib overalls! He sure turned targets into dust. There is another Mod. 97 shooter I know off. Retired Army Col. Leigh Coffin. I met him several years ago at Tyndall AFB FL. Mr. Coffin was 92 last year and attended the 2007 Grand. Col. Coffin could really handle that Mod. 97.

5. peavine

peavine TS Member

I actually got to shoot in the squad with Jerry, I was post 4, Jerry was post 5. Super nice guy, congrats Jerry way to go. Jonathan Taylor (post 4 with the Perazzi)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.