1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

????? for you Remington 3200 shooters????????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BDodd, Mar 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I never had the forearm upgrade done in, hmmm 4 - 3200s BUT I did disconnect the ejector springs and hammers located in the forearm so the gun(s) extracted but did not eject my prized shells. That may have reduced any extra tension in the forearm area and avoided wood damage. It is in exactly that mechanism that the forearm upgrade is done by Pat Laib......breakemall

2. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

John, I have a nice 3200 combo set and I had Laib's do the forend up grade when he did the firing pin repair. He is the man for all your parts and repair.
    Link above.

Ken Cerney

Wisconsin

3. 687 Trap

687 Trap Member

Yes I would have the work done on the forend. I waited too long and my forend cracked and then I had the cost of forend repair and the cost to have the forend iron reinforced. Laibs is the guy. Don't even think about anyone else. Top quality work and fast turn around.

Ron

4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

My 3200 that I use to shoot doubles at least once a week broke out a chunk from the fore end ... right through the highly figured area.

Ordered another finished one from Numrich and moved the iron to it.

Should last me another 30 years!

5. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Does anybody know of another shotgun where the forend iron is made of stamped sheet metal?

6. shooter99

John, Look at the posters name TOOLMAKER 251. If he is a toolmaker they believe everything should be machined. There is nothing wrong with the forend iron on the 3200. My 3200 was made in 1973 and no problem with the iron. They are strong ejection hammers and over time the forend could crack. The cost of the upgrade is minimal. They are great guns and are very popular for the doubles shooter.

Ken Cerney

Wisconsin

7. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Do you know of any other over/under shotgun in the world that used/uses a plastic part in the safety/barrel selector linkage?

Yea I know, being a retired T&D mkr. I think all internal receiver parts should be made of metal.

8. shooter99

John, I'm going to try to get to Winona for their shoot at the end of May. Thats a nice one to come out to and bring the camper. Are you able to make a shoot at Muscoda? I,m sure I will see you some place. Shoot well and Shoot offen.

Ken Cerney

Wisconsin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.