1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

for you release trigger guys

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hoofty43, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoofty43

hoofty43 TS Member

I have read many good things about release triggers. I don't shoot one, but would like to know if you shoot one when hunting too? Why not?

2. oletymer

oletymer Member

Too many variables in hunting. The terrain, landscape, postion of other people plus you don't know where or when the target can appear. It would really be a bad idea and I would not hunt with some one who did.

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I've used nothing but release triggers for trapshooting for almost 15 years but don't even think about setting the trigger of a shotgun, handgun or rifle when hunting or shooting at paper targets. Weird how the minds works...

Ed

4. bobby ward

bobby ward Member

Like Ed says,

I can hunt all day long and never flinch or I can shoot skeet and sporting clays with a low gun (not mounted) and never flinch, but the very minute I pre mount my trap gun I am going to flinch early and often.

I can squeeze the trigger on a pistol or rifle all day long and never flinch either....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.