1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

For you PW owners...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 3dram8, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

I recently found this socket hex key set online, and can't believe I waited so long to get one! I can't tell you how many times I've fumbled with Allen wrenches trying to get them into the recessed holes in the PW machines only to end up dropping the wrench and starting over. Also, those big cap screws on top of the 800+ that have to be removed for changing gauges are a real pain to break loose with the furnished Allen wrench, but easy as pie when you can snap one of these sockets onto your 3/8 drive wrench. I use a nice little 1/4 drive SK socket wrench with the small sizes. The only size missing in this kit is the 9/64" to change your crimp-starter head (6 or 8-point), but this task CAN be easily done with the furnished Allen wrench. This kit also has the long-shaft bits for those deep set screws that are hard to deal with using the Allen wrenches. Using the right tools sure makes things fun again! ....Rick

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Rick- It is much more fun to fasten a pair of vice grips to the end of a standard Allen wrench and bust your knuckles on the side of the press when the thing slips out of the screw.

Pat Ireland

3. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

Pat, I never had that one happen, but came close. For me, the big adventure was when the end of the Allen wrench came loose from the Vise-Grip and went flying across the room where it left a nice mark in in our chest freezer. ....Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.