1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FOR YOU "BAD-LOWER-BACK" GUYS

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by WWB, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WWB

WWB Member

I too have the lumbar thing with sore muscles that buzz all nite long keeping one awake. Plus it aches all the time. I went the proper route-found there is little that can be done-but all agreed, one can strengthen the torso or "core" to minimize the pinching and further damage.
    So the physical therapist after a lengthy & costly session and with a little prodding gave me two pgs of excercises to do precisely that. One on your back and stomach and one set to do in the water for additional resistance. Guess what??? They work, buzzing is almost gone, the pain is subsiding--with no pills etc involved!
    If you want a copy holler and give me a fax number...I tried scanning and sending to a new found friend on here but it came to small for him to read. Dunno if that's curable or not--as a last resort I could mail them to you.
    Bill
    wwbru1@q.com

2. vegas blaster

vegas blaster TS Member

FOR YOU

fax em to me plz! thanx 702 Jeff 257 K. 1435.

3. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

FOR YOU

Fax # (732) 758-9480.

Thanks. This started about 2 months ago and I am ready to do anything to make it better.

4. Stumpstalker

Stumpstalker TS Member

FOR YOU

I've had lower back problems for years and since last fall I have been doing back exercises each morning. It helps a lot.

Carmine

5. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

FOR YOU

Willie you have a PM

Thanks

6. 4andy10

4andy10 Member

FOR YOU

I'd like a copy sent to email address AAskeetbuster@comcast.net thanks, Keith

7. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

FOR YOU

copy to gunfitter@cherokeetel.net thanks in advance. Todd

8. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

FOR YOU

I have a bad back also. I go to the gym and the chro. Both help me greatly. Find yourself a gym that you like and a good chro. One year my back went out when I was pushing myself in the actic building shelves. It happened just before the state shoot and the chro had 3 days to help me. It was a bad one for me but he got me to a point that I could walk and shoot. He said I did the right thing by getting in to him as fast as I did because if I hadn't I would have been able to get out of bed the next morning. To those who don't like chro I did years ago go to a Back Doctor and he was a big joke. All he did was take my money and did nothing for me.

9. copper

copper Member

FOR YOU

there is a book called the Permanent pain cure has helped me with my shoulders witch were giving me a lot of pain written by a highly regarded sports PT helped right away might help you also, good luck Dave

10. Mike-n-CA

Mike-n-CA Member

FOR YOU

Hi,
    Could you fax the information to 909 993-5617
    Thanks,
    Mike

11. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

FOR YOU

I have tried some of the excerises you sent. The one where you cross your legs and pull them to your chest while lying on your back has really helped a great deal. I stll have some pain in both legs but it has greatly subsided in just a week. I also seem to benefit from the excersie where you lie on your stomach and raise and STRETCH each leg behind you. My physical therapist had me doing this same move but neglected to emphasis the STRETCH which seem to be the most important part.

I was dreading the start of the bird hunting season thinking I might have a hard time. I am now very optimistic that I will be able to get out there without having to curtail my hunting in any way.

Thanks again.

12. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

FOR YOU

The best thing I did for my lower back pains was lose weight. I have a lower back injury from a car accident (10 yrs ago)...no matter what therapy or exercise the pain persisted. I lost 30 pounds....back pain gone. That simple.

JMHO

Jim C

13. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

FOR YOU

I tried every type of exercise and PT but finally had to have back surgery or lose major function in my left leg.

Now I still do a great deal of core exercise and stretching...because I NEVER want to go through that again and it helps with the residual pain from the nerve damage (that is healing but very slowly).

I find walking to help a great deal also...I will walk 3 miles in about 50 minutes. I feel better after a good walk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.