1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

??? for Union Kool Aid drinkers (Mexican trucks)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by crusha, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

So the media are reporting the Mexican trucks are preparing to roll across the border in increasing numbers now. It appears we'll have the privilege of getting run over by Mexicans in 18-wheelers on our way to the range (in addition to our usual privilege as Americans, to wit: getting run over by Mexicans in pickups, or Americans in 18-wheelers).

Obama had the chance to stop it...Mexico fired a shot across his bow by placing tariffs on American agricultural products...and Obama (DEMOCRAT) capitulated, to get the tariffs removed (read: thank your local farmer).

This is part of NAFTA - signed into law by Bill Clinton (DEMOCRAT).

...and just to make it complete, there's at least one arch-conservative, Duncan Hunter of California (REPUBLICAN), standing against the new trucking provision.

So - explain to me again, Hrosik, DayJob, loves-to-spout, and others, exactly why it is you are still sending your dues to the Democrat party?

Because it would seem, upon reflection, all you're doing is supporting gun-banners.

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

So BUTT-GUN........tell me again how BOTH Bushes (Republicans) stood on NAFTA ????????????

Who did you say signed the first agreement????????

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Clinton signed it into law, Bush's term ran out before he could.

HM

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

I know where the wishy-washy moderate Republicans stood on NAFTA. Thankfully, my Tea Party friends are now busy trying to make sure no Bush or anyone like them can ever again go anywhere in the Republican party.

But the question is, what are you doing to improve your party? Or more explicitly, why are you still sending the Dems your money after they 1) signed NAFTA into law (they could have refused), and 2) failed to stand pat on the Truck issue (Obama)?

Hmmm? (My I suggest some of the Cherry flavor, to help wash down your hypocrisy, loves-to-spout?)

5. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Strawberry is a better flavor. Ask one of the adults in your household to get you some and try it.

6. shadow

shadow Active Member

Maybe we could just fix it so they could have a back haul of illegal immigrants.

7. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Boxed or swinging?

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Flatbed

9. ctreay

ctreay Member

I have a feeling that the only mexican trucks we will see are going to be brand new Petes or Freightliners or such driven by well dressed and english fluent drivers. After they can point out thier nice records and the rest of the country gets opened up the flood of 20 year old relics will wash across the border.

ctreay

10. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

I'm curious what the unions have to do with this. If I remember correctly, the unions were against NAFTA because Bush 1 started it and we weren't too happy that Clinton signed it.

Also, Did seattle sue die or something? I figured she would be all over this thread.

11. daddiooo

BBB,

The unions and Hoffa are all over this. They're supposed to be down at the border on Friday when it happens.

12. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Great, as long as it doesn't become violent. The unions have a big enough black eye.. What Hoffa and the Teamsters need to do is sign the drivers and the companies to a union contract, then everybody wins. The teamsters get more members, and the drivers will get better money and benefits.

13. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Yea, everybody will be a winner except for the consumer who will pay higher prices for everything shipped by truck. Great idea BBB.

14. crusha

crusha TS Member

John Galt,

Well, at least we have the union goons on record as supporting economic amnesty for truck drivers.

I guess once Diego the Drug Driver has his pretty new Union Card...he's not so bad after all, eh?

15. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

You guys are so brainwashed it is unbelievable. Just because the truck driver is union does not make the price of the product more. Take shotgun shells for example. All the Winchester shells you guys buy that come from the Olin Plant in Altonn Illinois are from a union plant. When they move to Mississippi in a few years( to avoid being union)do you think the price of shells will go down? Of course not, though you will justify it with "price of lead or other factors" I guarantee that if Winchester had 2 plants making AA's, with one plant union and one plant non-union, there would be no difference in the price of the shells. Graf's for example is not going to have 1 pallet of shells at $85 /flat for union-made and another pallet at $70 for non-union made. Get real fellas.

incidentally, when Winchester does make the move, I will be interested in seeing if the quality of their products will still be the same.

16. daddiooo

BBB,

Winchesters quality shouldn't be affected by a move to Mississippi with all the automation they'll have in place. Price probably won't change either. Savings derived by virtue of union VS non-union will go right to the bottom line and into their pocket as it should. It's called "Lean Manufacturing". Something Occupy Wall St can't spell much less grasp.

17. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

daddiooo, you are correct that even though Winchester will be saving money by becoming a non-union shop the savings will not be passed on to the consumer. My whole issue between union and non-union is exactly that. there is no savings to the end user. Whether my shells or my shotgun or my anything is made with union or non-union workers, it does not matter to the end price of the product.The non-union homebuilder for example builds the same homes a union contractor builds and yet they sell for the same price. The only difference is that the non union builder clears more profit due to cheaper labor cost. Your groceries at the grocery store cost no different from a store that employs union clerks or meat-cutters than if the store doesn't employ union people. Getting your trucked worked on at the dealer that has union mechanics cost no more than a dealer that isn't union. See where I'm going with this?

I'm a union guy. Your not. Is me being union really effecting you personally? Probably not.

18. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Owners and CEO's of companies will do just about anything to make additional legal or illegal profits. They do it everyday, everywhere Try reading "The Jungle" by Upton Sinclair. It was written almost 100 years ago and its like reading yesterdays newspaper.

19. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Myself, I'm still waiting for those cheaper cars and trucks Govt Motors promised us....

20. daddiooo

Big M Perazzi,

Apparently Govt Motors meant cheaper made, not cheaper to buy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.