1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

For Those Who Shoot With 2 Eyes Open.......

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WoodsonEnt, Mar 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

For those who shoot a shotgun with 2 eyes open....do you shoot a handgun with 2 eyes open?

2. rustygun

rustygun Member

Yes, Not a competition shooter by any means, but I also shoot scoped rifles with both eyes open.

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

I shoot a shotgun with one eye. I shoot my pistols with both eyes open.

It just works out that way.

4. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Stationary target..one eye, like a rifle. Moving target...two eyes, like a shotgun

5. mike campbell

mike campbell Active Member

Yes. With a ghost ring peep sight on a Ruger Super blackhawk and both eyes open I could hit 6 for 6 on gallon milk jugs, offhand at 50 yds. Try hitting running running whitetails with a handgun and one eye closed....much tougher with one eye closed.

For you one-eyed shooters....do you need to close one eye while driving to keep your vehicle in its lane?

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I am right eye dominant and shoot a shotgun with both eyes open. I was a competition pistol shooter and I closed my left eye. You have to because you are focusing on the pistol sights and it's too difficult to center the out-of-focus bullseye if you're seeing two of them.

Of course, that's with iron sights. I never shot with optical sights. I was NRA Expert. That was the second highest class below Master.

7. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Both eyes for everything.

8. setool

setool Member

I shoot everything with both eyes open, shotgon, scoped rifle, pistol, bow, hell even a slingshot when I was a kid... I tried one eyeing a rifle several times, but found myself feeling tensed up, so I just went back to 2 eyes open.

Maybe just me, but I feel extremely more comfortable (and much more accurate) with both eyes open. My 2 cents...

Mark Schneider

9. Hardage

Hardage TS Member

Both eyes always open even with archery. Heck..even when urinating for that matter...my wife says I miss but she lies.

10. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

2 eyes shotgun. Pistol and archery bullseye...Both eyes till I settle in on the target, then dominant eye only.

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Just like Mark. Both eyes for moving targets one eye for stationary targets.

12. philk

philk Member

Both eyes for everything.

13. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Yes and even rifles with scopes or open sights. ...... but it looks like I am haerded towards being a one eyes trap shooter....

14. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Both eyes open no matter what I am shooting.

Instruct and coach it. With both eyes open, your brain will automatically center mass, no matter what sight system your using. It takes practice, practice, practice!

15. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I shoot both shotgun and pistol with both eyes open. I shoot pistol both left-handed and right-handed. I can't do that with a shotgun....nor a baseball bat, bowling ball, or golf clubs. But I can do it with a fishing pole or a tennis racket. I do all of those with two eyes open.

16. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Shotgun, pistol, and archery...2 eyes. I shoot a rifle with one eye, because that's how I learned it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.