1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

For those who say fracking is Ok you need to watch

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I'm watching a special report on CNBC and it will be available on the Internet also. What I've seen and heard so far does not lead me to believe it is something that can be called safe for anyone living near the drilling. Some companies are better/more careful/not taking shortcuts than others. Contamination due to concrete cracking allowing fracking fluids into the water system. How about the cows that dranking leaking fluid from drilling site. I certainly wouldn't want drilling in my area. Jackie B.

2. Fox32

Fox32 Member

Jackie, CNBC is a wealth of truth on everything it shows. From horizontal drilling to the Wal-Mart haters CNBC covers it all. Want to know how safe fracking is???? Look at the video link above.

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

If we could just get back to the good old days, when man wasn't so reckless with the environment.

Huntington Beach, California 1950s-60s

stokinpls_2008_0303148.jpg

Bob Falfa

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I doubt any gun owner trusts CNBC after the hatched job they did on Remington.

5. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Jeeees, whenever livestock is present they are fenced out of drilling areas. People should get the facts for themselves instead of letting CNBC do their thinking for them. There has never been a documented case of fracking contaminating so much as one single water well.

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Ask John, he has all the answers..

I was going to post the youtube film also but Eddie beat me to it. The side bar also shows other cases of the wonderful world of fracking.

Anyone who thinks chemically induced water is OK no matter whats done with it is either VERY misinformed or VERY gullible.

7. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Real fracking info instead of anecdotal, unproven BS stories on youtube. The gullible ones are those who buy into wacko environmental crap on youtube. I'm waiting for proof that fracking ever cause any ot the things the wackos claim it does. Every real investigation has proven their claims to be nothing but BS.

Methane has been contaminating wells since long before fracking came about and it happens naturally. Assuming it came from fracking with no proof is idiotic, but the envirowackos know that they don't need proof to suck in gullible goobers.

8. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

Guys,

I usually don't get involved in these trivial arguments but most of you are really uninformed when it comes to fracking. The only thing I can say is that the industry is NOT TELLING US THE TRUTH! I have attached a link to the WV DEP that records violations that have been issued to fracking companies. You'll notice that there a several violations for polluting waters and well contamination. I will also attach a link that shows how Chesapeake knowing and willfully destroyed a natural waterfall and contaminate a stream in WV. If you guys want anymore info let me know. I can provide dozens of links!

https://apps.dep.wv.gov/oog/violations_new.cfm

9. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

Here are some more links on how great this is! If you guys want anymore let me know! I suggest people get informed before making unsubstantiated statements!

http://stateimpact.npr.org/pennsylvania/2012/07/05/4700-gallons-of-acid-spill-at-bradford-county-drilling-site/

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/energy/coal-oil-gas/pennsylvania-fracking-accident-what-went-wrong-5598621

http://charleston.legalexaminer.com/workplace-injuries/west-virginia-marcellus-shale-explosion-raises-questions.aspx?googleid=303828

10. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

ZZZZZZZ

11. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

John Galt , You offer a link by the perpetrators and you call others "gullible"!

The big problem is companies are not required to disclose the ingredients of fracking fluid.

12. likes-to-shoot

Unequivocal proof from one of the companies involved in the industry....lol....Oh yea.....absolute honesty there...lol

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8GFSfacPDjc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. warren

warren Member

I can't understand why some people want to travel around the country to shooting events and other traveling but also want to put unreasonable restrictions on the availability of the stuff they use to do that just because they have heard or read something from somebody they never heard of before says it might be bad. I can remember when jet airliners first came out they said the con trails were gonna cause an ice age for crying out loud check the facts. There has never been any I repeat any bad effects from fracking.

warren

14. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

frack away

I don't drink water

15. likes-to-shoot

warren...........your vehicle runs on Natural Gas????

I got a PM a while back stating that. "I don't care what the facts are I will believe what I want and if the facts don't agree then the facts are wrong". lol I don't think he is the only one who thinks that way.

16. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Real fracking info instead of anecdotal, unproven BS stories on youtube. The gullible ones are those who buy into wacko environmental crap on youtube. I'm waiting for proof that fracking ever cause any ot the things the wackos claim it does. Every real investigation has proven their claims to be nothing but BS.

Methane has been contaminating wells since long before fracking came about and it happens naturally. Assuming it came from fracking with no proof is idiotic, but the envirowackos know that they don't need proof to suck in gullible goobers.

17. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

Guys,

I usually don't get involved in these trivial arguments but most of you are really uninformed when it comes to fracking. The only thing I can say is that the industry is NOT TELLING US THE TRUTH! I have attached a link to the WV DEP that records violations that have been issued to fracking companies. You'll notice that there a several violations for polluting waters and well contamination. I will also attach a link that shows how Chesapeake knowing and willfully destroyed a natural waterfall and contaminate a stream in WV. If you guys want anymore info let me know. I can provide dozens of links!

https://apps.dep.wv.gov/oog/violations_new.cfm

18. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

Here are some more links on how great this is! If you guys want anymore let me know! I suggest people get informed before making unsubstantiated statements!

http://stateimpact.npr.org/pennsylvania/2012/07/05/4700-gallons-of-acid-spill-at-bradford-county-drilling-site/

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/energy/coal-oil-gas/pennsylvania-fracking-accident-what-went-wrong-5598621

http://charleston.legalexaminer.com/workplace-injuries/west-virginia-marcellus-shale-explosion-raises-questions.aspx?googleid=303828

19. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

ZZZZZZZ

20. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

John Galt , You offer a link by the perpetrators and you call others "gullible"!

The big problem is companies are not required to disclose the ingredients of fracking fluid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.