1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

For Those Who Like or Love Cheese

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Auctioneer, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

In Crozet, Va there is a place that makes their own cheese. It is great cheese and its would be a fine cheese for the up coming holiday. Everyone that I have given the cheese to have asked where they can get it. Please take a look and you will not be sorry. They also make great gifts for those who also like their cheese.

2. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Wonderful Gouda unbeatable, Jeff

3. dalog

dalog Member

A little out of my neighborhood but this place isn't far from me and sure makes me happy.

4. chipking

chipking TS Member

Auctioneer I sent you a PM with an address on it. I'm pretty sure this is the place with the GOOD Country Ham. Add a little of that cheese on the side and a pan of fresh out of the oven baked rolls and a half pound of butter and you got a fit for a King meal. About one of those and my Cardiologist will be picking out the colors for his new car. ;o)

--- Chip King ---

5. Auctioneer

As always you know how to enjoy yourself with food Chip. LOL

To anyone who wants to knock on the door for cheeses you had better know what time to come. I think the tims are 9:00am to 11:00am. 2:00 to 4:00. I don't know about Sat. Those hours are M-F. The cheese is great.

6. Auctioneer

7. Robb

Robb Member

I ordered a wheel of the nuns cheese and it was here in exactly one week from the day I mailed check. Great service and the cheese was wonderful for Thanksgiving. There is a cloth like wrapping under the wax that gave a little trouble but really good cheese.

8. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Washington State University plays lousy football but they make great cheese.

This is a traditional Christmas gift here abouts - and the price is reasonable.

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I go out in the country and buy fresh cheese curds at the factory where they make them. Still warm, excellent flavor and a marvelous squeaky semi rubbery texture.

Nothing like it.

You can nuke old curds (very lightly) to make them almost as good as fresh.

That and the fresh Colby from Du Pont are my favorites.

HM

10. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Can't let the Creamery at Penn State go unmentioned.

Be careful, buy the aged cheeses only.

In other words, stay away from the young ones...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.