1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

for those contemplating retirement

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by slayer, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Maybe most people know this, but I didn't and I thought I was fairly well informed about retirement and 401k's. You CAN access your 401k funds before 59 and a half years of age without penalty if you are at least 55 yrs of age and can draw a pension. I thought that the 59 1/2 rule applied to all situations.This does not apply to those that retire before 55. They would have to wait until 59 1/2 to access 401 money. Wierd rule, but because of it I went months earlier than I had planned. Bill

2. Tommy67

Tommy67 Member

The IRS refers to these withdrawals as a "72t". They can be helpful for those too young to draw social security, or wishing to begin ss withdrawals at the full retirement level.

Tom

3. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

They can be really helpful to those wanting to get away from a pr###k boss and start your own business, too. Life is good, and trap shooting goes so well with retirement. Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.