1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

## FOR THE WOOD LOVERS ##

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by crusha, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

Flala, will you be posting Grammie's rants for him too?

2. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

NICE !!!!!!

3. max trap

max trap Member

Jerry...Thanks for posting.

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Eye candy indeed.....how much costing in 3 years when they're dry (I would presume they will be air dryed?)

5. BuckGuru

BuckGuru Member

Very nice. But I'm a little (actually, a lot) confused by the white spots interspersed with the figure. Is that the heartwood contrasting with the sapwood, (or vice versa)? Maybe its the angle the blanks were cut at, but the way the white appears right in line with the figure is hard to visualize how it got there.

6. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

The white is sapwood. One would have to look closely at the blanks to see if you could turn a finished stock and eliminate the sapwood. Of course, you would also have to be sure that the handle had straight, dense, clean grain. But, if everything works, there is some nice figure in that wood. Jake

7. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Mercy Mercy.

Berettaman7

8. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

Some of those pieces with sap wood may not be usable for stock work due to the sap placement in the blank. If you're interested in selling them, please email me privately. I'm a woodworker, and intarsia (wood pictures) is my main art form, as well as turned pens, salt/pepper grinders, knife handles, etc. What may be unusable for you is the perfect size for me. I'm always looking for interesting pieces of wood, and yours definitely qualify.

9. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Browning, Unfortunately, I don't think it is Jerry's wood. And if I don't miss my guess, the guy who owns it probably thinks it is perfect for guns. But, maybe I am incorrect. Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.