1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

For the Record,,,,,Health Insurance

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigdogtx, Nov 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

After all is said and done, my insurance is expensive, but they have PAID out more in claims for us than we have PAID in premiums in the past 10 years and it will take over 20 years at the current rates to cover them.

I guess I am one of the only ones of those who, although not "completely" happy, like what I have and DON'T WANT THE CRAP THE congress IS TRYING TO SHOVE UP MY _ _ _ !!!!

For some reason, I hear there are a majority of people like me, yet congress and hussein are NOT LISTENING,,,,November 2012 is coming and I have a long memory....

2. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

If they would spend the money to train new medical professionals the problem would be solved. Flood the field with new doctors and there would be competition for patients (customers). Why is the economic reality of providing medicine different from any other business?

"PUT THE DOCTORS BACK IN BUICKS" - not a popular slogan with the current medical community.

3. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I buy my own health insurance and yes it is expensive. I've been lucky and only had to use it once in the last 35 years. The insurance covered what they said they would. I just wish there was a thing like a health savings account available 35 years ago when I first got my policy. Imagin 35 years of savings going into an account like that. Just pay cash for the heart cath then when you hit 50.

The elective medical procedures that insurance or government isn't in, are affordable. I just passed a large billboard ad for breast agumentation for $4995. A block away I saw another for Lasik - no payments till 2011.

4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Bisi, if we had that the .gov wouldn't have as much as control as they do....ummm, maybe that's .....

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

A Louisiana Congressman is starting a petiton to have congressman and senators use the health care they are forcing on us. I signed it

6. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

They say they're going to pay for it by reducing fraud and waste in medicare/medicaid--Here's an idea --why not reduce fraud in medicaid/medicare FIRST? WHAT A SAD,SAD JOKE-THE GD GOVT IS NOTHING BUT WASTE AND FRAUD.

7. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Big Heap...

I'm not sure what your doctor drives... But mine drives a Dodge Caravan... Seems to me that if I go to a big trapshoot... There are lines of giant RV diesel pushers with built in gun vaults... Maybe you ought to go take a poll and see what they do for a living...

LWL

8. drh08

drh08 TS Member

I have a few different concerns that I am not sure if anyone has thought of. The government is going to mandate employers purchase health care for their workers or pay a fine. So the standard the government is going to set for the US is companies provide health coverage for there employees. Now under this, it also stipulates that everyone is to be covered.

Here is my interesting question, currently my family is under my medical plan from work. If this passes work by law only needs to cover myself and not my family because the government says they only need to cover my by law. My children don't have jobs and my wife stays home to raise our children. So by default I will be purchasing health insurance for 2 children and 1 adult now. The bad news is I probably make too much money for reduced rate insurance so I get to pay the full premiums for 2 children and 1 adult. My insurance bill just jumped through the roof.

I am not saying my company would stop covering my family, but it's possible because they have now set the bar on what an employer is mandated to cover.

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

'nuf said...

Curt

10. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

Just be thankful you are not getting all the government you are paying for.

11. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Medicare – an alternative approach

Medicare reimbursement rates differ from region to region. I propose that all rates are exposed to the public so the insurance company and the insured both know what rates are and where in the country they are available.

Providers are classified and graded in many published lists. Let the providers compete based on their quality of service and rate charged. Then the patient and the insurance company will both know what they are receiving and can choose the highest quality for the lowest price.

Because there is so much disparity of rates and quality of service across the country, the Medicare Supplement insurer might provide transportation to the patient if they agree that a service could be better provided in another area of the country.

Today, insurance can’t be sold out of State but services can be provided out of State. Let market competition resolve the Medicare deficit. Market forces will level the great rate disparity seen across the country and improve medical care for everyone, including Medicare recipients.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.