1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

For the machinists and RR buffs on here.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by rustygun, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rustygun

rustygun Member

I'll bet this would bring out the kid in you.

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

That has to be a dangerous sport. I never saw any of them wearing a seat belt or hearing protection. ;-)

But they did seem to be having fun. Which is what it's all about.

More power to them.

Hauxfan!

3. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

If there was a boiler explosion I doubt that you would want to be screwing with a seat belt.

4. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

That looks like a fun deal. If you want real fun try the real thing. In 1976, A real engine with private cars toured the US. eng nr 1976 and another 1776, in celebration of the centinial. Got to run the 1976 from W Falls to Amarillo.
    That was a blast. We had to have a Water truck follow us because the water towers for the steam engines are long gone. Wonder why I know? google my handle on here and figure it out.

Bob, Ret F W D rr

5. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

It is obvious by the video that no Gubment peoples were there. LOL

The side drive hauling the logs was pretty cool. I took a ride on a full size side drive narrow guage in the mountains close to Santa Cruz, Ca.. Had a blast.

I was amazed at the mechanism to propel it. Looked like Roub Goldberg built it.

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Thank you. Before shotgun Brass trains were my passion. Mike.

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    One of the most popular lathes in use in Britain and Canada and to a lesser extent the USA is the Myford ML7. These lathes have machined a lot of parts for model locomotives. The people in this hobby are called Model Engineers. I have not set mine up yet (see pic), still working on a sturdy bench. I'm not going to be building a steam locomotive, though. Plan to make some pistol barrels and some other projects.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.