1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    we have bad weather today in the milwaukee area. snow rain, wind etc. did not go shooting today, so i stayed in my reloading room, cleaned a couple guns and straightend the room up a bit. i am a pack rat, i keep everything. i added up every expense since i started shooting, the cost of every gun, 113 of them, that i purchased, new and used, how much i lost on a gun trade for a different gun. added up, cost of shot, powder, wads, primers, shooting clothing, entry fees, hotel fees, cost of gas and oil traveling to shoots, airplane fares etc. these figures are close, since 1970, the grand total is $209,000.00. if my wife saw this thread, she would beat me like a red headed step child. i am probably the worst shooter in the ATA, my entire winnings in 37 years totals $569.00. i don't drink, shooting is my only habit, other than eating to much. i know this sounds crazy, but to me it was worth every penny i spent on this game. i got to meet some of the finest people, made numerous friends, when work became a bit to much to handle, i could escape to the gun club and forget any problems that i had. to non shooters, they will read this thread and think this guy is nuts. but i can't put a price on the friendships and the amount of enjoyment this sport has given back to me. to me, it was worth the $209,000.00.
    steve balistreri

2. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Welcome to the club!

3. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Way to go Steve, You are my HERO. Bill

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Steve,

As a record-keeper, Vic Reinders apparently had nothing on you. I've heard of people keeping track of every target they shoot...but running a ticker on every dollar spent?

If you ain't an accountant, you should be! That's some impressive recordkeeping...I'd be scared to death the "wrong" person would find it (I suggest you burn at once).

5. emm2

emm2 Member

I think I just spent that on lead last year.

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

COULDA-SHOULDA-WOULDA......been there, done that....missed an 8-plex back in 1980 for $196K....would be worth 4X that now...oh, well....

7. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Thanks for sharing that Steve. I guess its hard to put a monetary value of how much shooting means to different shooters, but I would guess its been worth every cent you spent! Some things in life are priceless! Keep on trucking and all the best to you!

8. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

As has been stated above, there are MANY worse vices, MANY!

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.