1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

For The 870 Fans

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JohnR, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

Picked this up at a local gun show today,it's a 1980's Remington 870 20 ga Lightweight Magnum. New in the box, had to clean the shipping grease out of it when I got it home. 28" Remchoke barrel, had chokes and wrench in box.
    Has a very nicely balanced feel to it, only weighs 6lbs. The wood is a little unusual, light tiger striped, does not quite look like walnut. The 70's ones used mahogany,not sure if thats what this is..
    Hope to give it a work out Thurs down at PG on the sporting range,I think it will do quite well. Pics not that good, beginning to wonder if we will ever see sun on the weekend again here in MD.

johnr_2008_300861.jpg

johnr_2008_300862.jpg

2. FLIP

FLIP Member

what did you have to give for such a nice gun?

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

That's a beauty. I've got the same gun, except with fixed choke, and it's a joy. Have fun.

-Gary

4. BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD

BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD TS Member

I bought one in early 90's. Wifes boss won it in a raffle. His wife did not want a gun in the house. He sold it to me for $100.00. I told him it was worth at least $350.00 to $400.00. He said he was going to sell it to the first person that would give him $100.00 for it. I ran to the bank and got the cash. It has been my dove / quail gun since then. Jim

5. shrek

shrek Active Member

nice find and score!!

6. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Just don't shoot 3 inch shells in it unless you are ready for some serious recoil! Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.