1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

For sale to camera guys::

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by The Literalist, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Literalist

The Literalist Member

An old friend asked me to sell his camera stuff. I know NOTHING about cameras and, hence know nothing about value. Maybe these are obsolete enough that they're worth very little. I don't know. They're 35 MM, I guess.

I'll list, to the best I'm able, what all he has. Not sure I know what all it is...

There's a padded bag which holds 2 cameras, a Canon A-1, and a canon TL.

Lenses: 300mm (9 " long), a "Rolev M.G. 55 mm UV", a Spiralite 72mm Haze UV, a 100mm F/2 Soft Focus+Macro, a Tamron Adaptall 2 50mm.

Other stuff: A bunch of filters (vivitar, HCE, Cokin) they look blue, green, red??

Bunch of cap savers, something called "focus X tenders" and other stuff that I don't know what they are.

Anyone interested in these? If so, please make an offer. As I said, I know nothing about this stuff, just helping this old guy. Any info appreciated, too.

Thanks
  2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Active Member

A pawn shop would not give you any money for the cameras. Might be worth your while to put them on ebay, sell as a bundle.
  3. The Literalist

The Literalist Member

Thanks, Joe. I want to sell the whole bag of stuff to someone who may be interested. If no one wants it, I'll just give it back to him with a "sorry."

:)
  4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Who made the 300 and 100 soft focus lenses?
  5. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Find a camera form and try there, there is still a following of SLR camera buffs.

You have some "great" stuff there and to the person who knows how to use them, likes them over any of the digital camera's.

Here is one:

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/8911043

Good Luck!
  6. skeeljc

skeeljc Active Member

I had a Nikon Nikormat body, silver, no metering, no lens, just a body from the 1960's. I did not think it was worth anything. I put it on eBay and started it at $10. I sold it to someone from England for $180. Must have been collectable. Surprised me.

Jim Skeel
  7. The Literalist

The Literalist Member

More info:

The 300mm lens is a "Canon Lens FD 300mm 1:5.6 S.C."

The 50mm is "Canon Lens FD 50mm 1:1.4 S.S.C."

And

"Canon Spiralite 72mm Haze UV"

The filters are Hoya, Vivitar, and HCE. Also a Cokin "Cromofilter"

Also a 100mm Sima SF lens, softfocus+Macro
  8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

I can't locate an f5.6 300mm lens in my old Canon guides or on the Internet. Only their 100-300 f5.6 zoom lens.

I have their old fixed 300mm f4 lens and it's an excellent lens. Also have an A1 with motor drive. Still use the 300 on my A1 for sports and wildlife. I'm not happy with the longevity of the newer Canon lenses. My wife's 18-55 USM just quit autofocusing at three years of limited use.
  9. Rogiena

Rogiena TS Member

the canon A1 is worth about 35.00 in todays market. the lenses will work on the new digital cameras if you have a converter ring. however, they will not auto focus. I would be interested in the following

The 50mm is "Canon Lens FD 50mm 1:1.4 S.S.C."

And

"Canon Spiralite 72mm Haze UV"

The filters are Hoya, Vivitar, and HCE. Also a Cokin "Cromofilter"

Also a 100mm Sima SF lens, softfocus+Macro

I have no use for the camera bag, cameras or the 300mm lens I would offer about 60.00 for that stuff
    rogiena
  10. cabman

cabman TS Member

Call or go online to KEH Camera

www.keh.com/

You fill out the description of your goods and they will send you a quote for what they will buy it for. I have sold cameras and accessories to them in the past and was please with what I got.

Good Luck...

Cabman
  11. The Literalist

The Literalist Member

Steve, I still have some of those emailed pictures you sent me. While you didn't look bad in the fishnet stockings, the graphic picture of you and that hairy fat man was disgusting.

:) (Good to hear you're still alive. I was hoping to get at least $100 for all this camera stuff, but looks like no interest. You still shooting? C'mon down to the Missouri shoot in May)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.