1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

For Sale Ljutic

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bavaria-Grade, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bavaria-Grade

Bavaria-Grade Member

For sale

Two barrel standard rib mono gun serial number 899. The barrels are 34" modified 740 bore and 715 choke and 34" full 735 bore and 700 choke. POI on both barrels is 70/30.
    The above information was obtained from Nadine Ljutic. The gun also includes a soft touch stock, jones stock adjuster and a FACTORY release trigger. The barrels HAVE NOT been messed with. The gun is in like new condition.

To buy a gun identical to this one new would cost you $11,500. The breakdown of how I got this figure is as follows:

Gun $7000
    Extra barrel $2600
    Release trigger $850

These figures came from Nadine Ljutic on 5/10/07.

Soft touch $1000
    Jones stock adjuster $50

The figures for the soft touch and jones stock are estimates. Hopefully my estimates are low.

The asking price is $4600 plus shipping and insurance to your FFL. If you have any interest E mail me and I will get you my phone number to talk more about the gun.

2. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Here are the pictures of the Ljutic

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

pict-3

pict-4

and last one

Foghorn

3. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

I have been watching this gun for sale for over a year now and I do not want to be the dickhead so could some of you please explain to Bavaria why this gun will not sell for anywhere near this amount?! By the way, I recall the price was $4000 a year ago so I guess inflation took its toll! By the way, a fine gun! I am not disputing that! I just want him to know why over a grand too high even if he finds someone that desires a flat rib! Tom Rhoads

4. Bavaria-Grade

Bavaria-Grade Member

Tom unless I am mistaken I never had this gun for sale for $4000. You are correct in your $3500 figure if the gun has one barrel and a pull trigger.
    When I talked to Nadine she did not feel that I was out of line with my asking price. But then again she is prejudiced in the brand.

E mail me if you want, you will find my E mail address in the post.

I'm just trying to get someone a very good gun to use at a reasonable price. It has been a closet queen since 1996 when I switched to a K80. I don't have to sell the gun.

Jerry Baker

5. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

tcr1146

This LJutic is built to shoot Doubles (two barrels ). How did you do last night ??

6. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

I have a friend that bought a two barrel set with just a pull trigger and no soft touch or adjustable comb for $3800.00 and the wood was dare I say, perazzi like, so I don't think that Bavaria's price is out of line. Just has not found the right buyer yet. John

7. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Tom,

I think you're out of line on this. If the price is too high nobody will buy the gun. You don't need to tell people what they should or shouldn't be selling their own property for. I can see if a buddy told you that he was thinking of buying this gun and ask you for your opinion, but in this case you're wrong to knock his price. The reality is that every gun is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay, no more, no less. If you think it's too high, I suggest keeping it to your self or making him an offer for what you think it's worth.

8. Bavaria-Grade

Bavaria-Grade Member

I forgot to mention that the gun has been completely refinished. It has not been shot since the refinishing job was completed.

9. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

I think the price is quite fair. If it had the higher ribs, I would buy it.

For someone not wanting to come accross like a dickhead, you did a pretty poor job, tcr1146. Why would anyone want to screw with another shooter's attempt to sell a good gun at an honest price, disclosing accurate information with pics?

10. 27 yrdz

27 yrdz TS Member

i bought a brand new ljutic from bob schultz back in around 99 or 2000, it had standard rib, factory release,740 bore and 705 fixed choke with upgraded walnut wood and semi rollover offset stock and the price for it ordered new was around 4800 back then. at the same time i could have bought a "stock off the shelf" ljutic from roger jack for around 3500 new , but it wasn't near as fancy of wood nor did it have a factory release nor did it have offset custom fitted wood on it....bottom line is that the dickhead in this whole thing was, is and remains the guy that stuck his nose in where it didn't belong and proceeded to expound his vast amount of knowledge about something he eneded up not knowing anything about..(something that happens quite often on this playground).....VERY FAIR PRICE ....good luck selling it....

11. crusha

crusha TS Member

OK, I'll be the Ahole here.

They started making them in 1960 or '61, and reached Mono serial # 3500 in about 2002 or so...899 serial number...based on that, that makes this gun about 35 years old.

Maybe that has something to do with it?

An extra Mod barrel doesn't make a 35 year old gun worth the same as one that's 3 years old...no serious trap shooter uses Mod for very much.

12. Bavaria-Grade

Bavaria-Grade Member

Charlie Don't Surf.

Why don't you post your E Mail or your real name.

25 points of constriction should be considered a very tight modified, only 4 points off of what is considered Improved Modified by Krieghoff for their choke tubes.

I have seen guns that had 28 points of constriction from the factory stamped full choke.

Based on the number of people that E Mailed me feeling that my asking price was fair, not a bargain basement price but a fair one you probably don't know what you are talking about.

At least Tom Rhodes put his name behind his comments.

I respect your opinion, but that does not change my asking price. Like I said before I do not have to sell the gun, so if it doesn't sell no big deal. However if it does sell I would probably just spend the money on some K80 trap special barrels.

Apparently you do not consider the late Frank Little to be a serious trapshooter since up until the time he switched to a Perazzi he shot a modified or more open choke for his 16 yard targets. I had the privilege of calling him friend for many years.

13. HDLLLIII

HDLLLIII Member

If you double your asking price...imagine the response I could read then

14. crusha

crusha TS Member

Bavaria grade,

So you're not disputing that the gun is 35 years old, I take it...

Charles Farley

15. Bavaria-Grade

Bavaria-Grade Member

No,I am not disputing the age of the Ljutic. I ordered and bought the gun new in 1973. The Ljutic was retired when I switched to a K 80 in 1996.

The only thing that I am challenging in your statement that no serious trapshooter would use a modified choke very much.

If I do my part this modified barrel will smoke 16 yard targets. Don't know about handicap targets for the modified since I used the full barrel for handicap targets. If I did my part the handicap targets were smoked with the full,

Jerry Baker

16. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I shoot a Ljutic that was made in '83. It's worth more then that to me. Nothing wrong with his price! But on the other side of the coin, it's only worth what a buyer is willing to pay and a seller is willing to accept. The right buyer will pay your price!! Incidently, I once shot next to a gentleman that smoked 100 straight from the 27 with a Mod choked Model 12.

Big Jack

17. Bavaria-Grade

Bavaria-Grade Member

I will consider trading for an Alfernmann or K80 trap special barrels. Any interest?

18. crusha

crusha TS Member

You better call up the nice Lady at Ljutic, and ask if she thinks your 35 year old Ljutic is a fair trade on those K80 barrels, you don't want to get gipped now (better ask her first)

19. Bavaria-Grade

Bavaria-Grade Member

Charles

Just because you probably either don't know what a good gun is or can't afford a good gun you don't have to be a pain where the sun doesn't shine.

At least you being a pain gives me a bump back to the top.

20. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

Would you see on the barrels separte from the gun? I have a older mono and looking for another barrel for it.

Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.