1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

For Sale Colt SSA .45 LC, 7 1/2 inch

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by gyrine, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

0   0   0

I am selling a Colt SSA and wanted to give the group first shot at it. The gun is a Colt SSA in .45 long colt with a 7 1/2 inch barrel. This gun has been in the safe for a long time. It is in very good condition with very slight blueing wear at the muzzle and a slight cylinder line that doesn't cut all the way through the blueing. It comes with the original and correct Colt box with box paperwork. If memory serves I bought this gun in the 60's. It has been shot less than 100 times. I believe it is early 3rd generation. Serial # is
    828**SA. Price is $1000 firm. Email if you want additional pictures or have questions. Thanks for looking. Rich Strickland, gyrine
    [​IMG]

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

Third Generation SSA started in 1976. Your Ser.# indicate it's a '1977 production.

This is a good price.

Good luck.

3. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

0   0   0

Steve, Thank you for that information. When you get to be my age being off by 10 years is not that unusual. gyrine

4. dverna

dverna Active Member

0   0   0

This is a very fair price.

I have two I used to use for CAS. Paid $1350 ea. about 5 years ago.

Don

5. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

0   0   0

Here is a right side view. gyrine
    [​IMG]

6. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Second generation from the serial number.

7. Dednlost

Dednlost Member

0   0   0

Very nice, gotta ask, any trades you interested in?

8. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

0   0   0

I think Steve W is right about it being an early 3rd gen gun. Sorry no trades, trying to raise cash to help recoup on a recent expensive, but very fine and satisfactory purchase on tscom. gyrine

9. claybrdr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

All the Second Generation SAA's I've owned (3) and seen (many) have SA at the end of the serial number. I'm looking at a .44 Spl 5 1/2 inch barrel # 270XXSA right now. All the Third Gen guns that I have seen have SA at the beginning of the serial number. Some recently have a S in front of the serial number and an A at the end.

10. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

0   0   0

claybrdr, is correct. This is a 2nd gen. at a very good price.

11. claybrdr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

We'll agree to disagree.

12. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

0   0   0

Gun is sold pending receipt of check. Thanks to all who expressed an interest. gyrine

13. sle081

sle081 Member

0   0   0

I have sent you a few emails to buy and by the adress posted they keep being returned. I have FFL and funds if Colt is available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ssa 45lc new