1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

For Sale 1950 s Remington trap thrower

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wild1bbw, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wild1bbw

wild1bbw TS Member

I have a remington model 41 trap thrower. still in original crate. have lots of pics asking $3500.00 located in lewiston id they say shipping would be about $300 this is the heavy duty model have instructions with it. Will also consider offers. All it needs to be used is the rubbers replaced from sitting all these years.

2. wild1bbw

wild1bbw TS Member

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/wild1bbw/untitled.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/wild1bbw/untitled2.jpg

3. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Where do we see a pic of it together or one like it?

4. wild1bbw

wild1bbw TS Member

this is the instructions pic

5. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

This in a hand/lever operated trap with the pipe underground, like in the old days! This should be set up at Sparta to let the young guns see what it used to be like, like I really know but that's not the point. It belongs in a museum or someplace so as to be operational. Nice find!

6. wild1bbw

wild1bbw TS Member

I agrree to the nice find, but I dont have no use for it or much of a place to keep it stored. Would like to get it sold and off my hands. It was in my grandads belongings.

7. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

I agree with the above post. Sell it or give it to the HOF and have them set it up for show.

8. lumper

lumper TS Member

Great piece of history ... I have seen pictures of those old machines but have never seen one. Good luck in finding it a new home. Have you thought about contacting the ATA and asking them if they would like to purchase it for the museum/hall of fame?

9. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Wow, thats probably the same machine I learned to shoot trap on in the mid-1960's in a little town in N/W Iowa. I hit the turkey shoots, usually sponsored by the VFW,4H,FFA, American Legion, etc., and the trap was indeed a "pipe puller" set up in a harvested corn field. The shoots were usually held the week before Thanksgiving and CHristmas and drew crowds of 100-150 shooters on a cold and windy Saturday. Most shooters those days were using Model 12's, Rem 31TC's, Browning Broadways/Superpose, a few Ithica 4E's, and some Rem 870's. Nothing like trying to hit a right or left zinger, about 3 feet high and long 40-50yrd. shots, and also having to deal with corn stalks, and a irratic pipe puller. Winning there as a 16yo kid was better than a 100 straight at a ATA shoot when I turned 18. My go to load was Peter's Duck loads with 1 1/4 oz. of #4 shot, 3 3/4dram. God, those were truly the days. Also got to bask in the glory when the relatives came over to our house for those big holiday dinners to eat turkey.

10. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

I would donate it to the ATA HOF. You will get a good tax write off and people who have never seen one of theses could now. Todd

11. lumper

lumper TS Member

Why donate it to the HOF? Does the ATA not have a couple mil in the bank right now making interest? For such a piece of trap shooting history I would think they would be more than happy to purchase it but then ... exactly where would they put it? I dont think the HOF gets that much traffic anymore since the ATA has no fields to shoot on there anymore.

Now if the ATA moved to Sparta to really support there new WSC and moved the HOF as well I would suspect they would get a bunch more traffic that would like to see this piece of trapshooting history.

12. wild1bbw

wild1bbw TS Member

This is still avaiable if anyone is interested.

13. wild1bbw

wild1bbw TS Member

I am listing this on graigs list and ebay

14. lumper

lumper TS Member

What is graigs list?

15. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

she means craigslist.com a free place to buy, sell, meet, giveaway just about anything.

16. ANTRIM UDF

ANTRIM UDF TS Member

"I don`t have no use for it" I hope you get your price; heard tell you can sell anything on the E bay etc. A fool and his money... Thanks for offering it to us here first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
pictures of old vintage restored remington trap pullers
remington model 41t trap thrower parts for sale
remington taget thrower
remington trap throwers history
remington wonder trap luricate

remington wonder trap thrower