1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

?? For Remington 1100/1187 Experts

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jm1079, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Is there a difference(s) in the trigger assembly for a RH 1100/1187 and a LH 1100/1187? If so, may I ask what they are? Thanks. JM

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I bought a used 1187 trap gun at a gun show that was a collection of parts, stock, barrel, etc. It shot fine. I went to set the safety once when I was getting ready to remove the trigger to clean it. I never use the safety on the range. Something seemed strange and I realized that the safety was backwards. I removed the trigger and it was from a Left hand gun. The tab on the lifter was on the other side, as well as the safety being reversed. I removed the safety completely from the trigger. Better to have none than to have one that you think is on when it is off. Trigger installs in the receiver without a problem and the gun loads the second shot fine if needed. The tab on the side of the lifter is supposed to keep the incoming shell aligned. Mark

3. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your help. It was most helpful. JM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.