1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

? for Perazzi Big Bore

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by darr, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darr

darr Well-Known Member

I have read many threads of yours stating your fondness of Green Dot.I too am a fan of GD.Have you tried it in 1oz and patterned it .For 11/8oz I think there is no better powder.I am loading up a few 1oz loads with 21grs. GD purple pattern control in a Rem. hull and a W209 primer.I bet you have tried similar loads what was your opinion?I was thinking I might go to the 209A primer for a little more pressure and cleaner burn.I have not seen that load published with the 209A but with the W209 it only runs 7500 psi.I know you would not advocate using an unpublished load but I am sure the pressure would be well within guidelines.Generally I use Red Dot for 1oz but I am always looking for a softer shell with the same velocity.Anyway if you have made it through this thread without falling asleep I would appreciate your input.Thanks.

Darr

2. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Mike I didn't want you to sleep your life away.

Foggy

3. darr

darr Well-Known Member

Mike I was mostly thinking of velocities that are ATA legal.GD is a little slow to burn well with1oz at1200 fps.The 24gr with28gram load works well for sporting or a call shot from the porch.That is why I thought maybe with the Fed 209A it might raise pressure a little and burn cleaner with around 21 grs.I will try several combos this weekend.Thanks for the responses.

Darr

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

darr, the Fed. 209A will give you a good burn at 1200fps. I would also recommend it even at the 21 gr level simply due to amount of powder verses lack of volume ahead of it. I've only loaded a couple pounds of this powder in the last 25 years, however.LOL

PerazziBigBore, sorry if I jumped in where I shouldn't :-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.