1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

?? for P3AT on 1100

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bkms, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bkms

bkms Member

Pat, on a thread the other day i spoke about the 1100 skeet-t that wont kick out light loads. My wording of what was wrong should of been this: This gun has a barrel that has had the gas ports expanded and it wont cycle (put a another shell in the chamber after the first one is shot) with walmart value pack federal 3 dram shells instead of saying it wont kick out light loads. It ejects fine. It cycles fine with Nitro/STS and heavy hunting loads. But with the walmart value packs i like to shoot, it wont cycle. I have been trying to figure out what you said and i realized what i said. Is that due to the gas ports being so big that too much gas is escaping and thus preventing the cycling? I tried a new oring which didnt help. Also i am thinking of switching barrels with a skeet-b, the only difference i see in them is the lug at the end of the barrel, one is bigger. I was wondering if its ok to shoot the skeet-b barrel on the skeet-t? Thanks, Bob......

2. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

Great deduction CP, I'm impressed.

Who said Navy guys weren't smart?

Chuck

3. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

I purchased a NIB older 1100 skeet and it would not cycle light or 1 oz loads. I just had someone shorten the spring about one coil and it now cycles everything.

Jim C

4. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

make sure to lubricate the gun. sometimes a dry gun willnot cycle properly. motordoc

5. JJM64

JJM64 TS Member

I've had cycling problems with steel-based shells such as Remington Gun Club in my 1100 Classic Trap. STS, Nitro 27, Peters, and other brass-based shells work fine.

Cleaning it regularly and lubing with Break Free CLP works for me. Using a chamber brush to clean the chamber also helps improve reliability.

6. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

I have had 870s and 1100s that require very clean chambers to cycle properly. Learned this the hard way when I failed to scrub the chambers on a regular cleaning basis. Use the tips above - grit or steel wool - to keep the chambers clean and BreakFree CLP on the magazine tube. Best regards, Ed

7. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

I have had 870s and 1100s that require very clean chambers to cycle properly. Learned this the hard way when I failed to scrub the chambers on a regular cleaning basis. Use the tips above - grit or steel wool - to keep the chambers clean and BreakFree CLP on the magazine tube. Best regards, Ed

8. bkms

bkms Member

Pat and others, i cleaned the chamber with steel wool on a drill and it would shoot two shells and hang up on the third. So i pulled it apart, cleaned the outside of the magazine chamber and the gas rings with the drill even though it looked spotless. Relubed with remoil lightly and shot. Oh ya, now i can put four shells in and shoot all of them in a flash time after time. Maybe i should of paid more attention to my dad more when he worked on the many hundreds of 1100's he did as i was growing up,lol. By the way P3AT i saw on the vet post you said hunt subs, VP outfit?? I was VQ2. My dad was a Gunners Mate Master Chief and spent most of his time on ships, many a day on the DD842 USS Glennon out of Newport, he retired when he put me in the Navy. Thanks to all. Bob.........

9. bkms

bkms Member

P3AT, that was VQ2 in Rota (no longer there), i spent three years there. The connies were elimanted not long before i got there in 75. The EP3E took its place and we had the EA3B which was finally phased out years ago. Had a many fun day over there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.