1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

for ODIN...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by crusha, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

*Disclaimer*...this thread is addressed to Odin. Anybody else who reads below the dashed line, does so at their own risk. This thread will discuss religion, and may expose you to ideas you don't like. Anyone who gets their panties in a bunch...don't bother emailing David, cuz you only have yourself to blame (end disclaimer)

--------------------------------------------------------

Ok Odie-

In your discussions with believers...has the subject ever come up, about the Jewish belief that the world is less than 6,000 years old? Vis-a-vis things like Carbon dating? What was their response to that idea?

Just curious where your discussions have ended up on this topic...

tks,

buzzy

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Odie,

There is an "archaeologist" currently making the rounds around here, speaking to churches, telling people carbon dating is all a buncha hooey, etc...basically, making the kool-aid drinkers feel more secure in their beliefs by arming them with the iconoclastic, "maverick science" opinions of a "real archaeologist"...ergo, it must be true...

...you know the drill...

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Odie,

Is it just me...or did this thing completely sling-shot over MIA's head?

4. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Hey Danny,

Using the methodology of archeologists, one could conclude a million years from now that Peterbuilts evoled from lawn mowers. Think about it.

5. ouch

ouch Member

I am not Odin but the Bible says in Genesis 1:11 Then God said, Let the land produce seed-bearingplants and treeson the land that bear fruit with seed in it, According to their various kinds. Genesis 2:16 Says And the Lord commanded the man, You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; These verses and more tell me that God constucted the earth with ripe fruit,Mature trees and animals and I'm sure trees ,animals and life as we know it God aged in various ages. Otherwise Adam would have starved waiting on a tree or plant to produce seed ( food )

So carbon or any other form of dating may just varify the Bible is accurate. Richard

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

buzzy- Just a minor point of clarification. The estimate of the age of the earth as 6.000 years was calculated by Bishop Ussher, not a Jew. He came up with the estimate that the earth was made in 4004 BC based on Biblical genealogy. Other evidence suggests that he under estimated the age of the earth by some years.

Pat Ireland

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Buzz...

That spinnerbait had a large double willow blade on it, huh?

Curt

8. admiral Art

admiral Art TS Member

Pat Ireland:

"Some years" indeed. I wish I had "some" money in the bank! LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.