1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

For Niel Winston on Grand T shirts?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bird Grinder, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bird Grinder

Bird Grinder Member

I'd like to know why they were out of XL 2007 Grand T shirts at the Grand. This size has to be a good seller. Could you help us out here, there is another thread on here with others that want the XL shirts also.

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Bird Grinder- I can think of two possible reasons. The first one is that there are few shooters who wear XL shirts so they did not order many. Or, perhaps very many shooters need an XL shirt and they sold out. I think I know which of the two possibilities is most likely but I do not want to offend anyone with my thoughts. And, I know what size Neil wears.

Pat Ireland

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

My guess is, judging by number of '06 shirts they were trying to sell for $3 in the gift shop, they probably didn't have enough made for '07. At least the kibitzers won't be able to say they lost money on shirts this year (wanna bet?).

4. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Why bother Neil about tee shirts? Call the ATA.

Bill

5. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Damn, I didn't know Neil had the T-Shirt consession too.

I'm impressed!

Hauxfan!

6. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Birdgrinder, they ordered some new shirts during the Grand. If you looked at the end of the week , there probably won't be any more, but as soon as Marketing gets some of their Grand responsibilities put to bed, the extras will show on the ATA website for purchase. The logo was the best ever and I'm sure they will go fast.

Neil

7. ccridr

ccridr Member

My question is why the x-prez. thought his name had to be on the shirts. that is why I did not buy one.I sure hope Niel's ego is not large.
    Colby

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

Next year I want Neil's name on the front and a large picture of him on the back. I will buy several of them if they can be made this way.

Pat Ireland

9. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Zara,

Is it possible that the shirt didn't shrink. Perhaps you just ate too many sausages, too many buffalo burgers, and too much home made ice cream.

Ed Yanchok

10. silverado

silverado TS Member

As long as we're talking clothing, I saw some really nice U.S. Open caps in the ATA shop. I wish the ATA would have one really nice designed, good quality cap for the grand. I think they would sell well. I did not see any grand caps in the shop, you had to get them from vendors.

I agree with Neil. The Grand logo for 2007 was really great, and a very nice pin also.

11. tachyon

tachyon Member

Pat,

I would prefer a picture of Kyra on the back.....

12. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Guys -

Give Neil a break on this one. You can't expect him to address issues that all of you had while you were at the Grand. He's much too busy addressing all the complaints about this year's Grand from all of the people who didn't attend.

Scott

13. Bob A

Bob A TS Member

Neil, I've heard that we can expect to see something coming that will change the way we view the shooting sports. In light of the shortage of tee shirts and consistent with one of the comments above regarding shirtless shooters, there's a rumor of a grass roots movement to institute a dress code for next year's Grand. The code will supposedly restrict all shooters to some form of appropriate footwear and an ATA Speedo. This is no doubt intended to provide a boost to the local economy in Southern Illinois. The expectation is that women from across the nation will flock to Sparta just to see mile after mile of trapshooters lined up in their Speedos.

Just wondering Neil, is this true.

Bob

14. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

An ATA uniform, and a Speedo at that.

We'd certainly identify a new class of "Big Dog", now wouldn't we!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.