1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

For My Birthday Today........

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Hauxfan, Oct 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

For my 72nd birthday today, I walked 5 miles at the mall this morning and then I went out and biked 50 miles on our great bike trails.

That is the first time I've biked that far.

I have a few aches and pains, but nothing that won't be gone tomorrow.

Not to shabby for an old "phart" if I do say so myself.

Life is good!

Bless you all! (Well, with the exception of one old geezer that frequents this site sometimes)

Hauxfan!

2. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

I send my best wishes, Mikk.

May you have many more (and the way you're in shape, I'd say that's a safe bet!!)

Good for you!

Denny

3. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Happy B-Day, Haux. Keep up the good health.

JON

4. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Happy birthday Haux,thats a good bike ride!!!!!!,you will be doinn a century in no time.What are you peddling for a bike???.My daughter and son inlaw have some great bike trails near there home in Granby Connecticut and they have been out on them this weekend with some great fall foliage.Have many more great birthdays Haux.

Sandy Holehouse.

5. Hauxfan

Sandy, after doing 50 miles today, I have no desire to ever do a century.........Well, at least until I get a better bike. lol

I have a Trek 7.2 hybrid bike. It is a 24 speed bike........of which I probably only use about 5 speeds.

This hybrid lets a person sit up compared to some of those racing bikes where you are hunched over as you ride.

I only started bike riding this year after not riding since I was in high school. I graduated 1956........Whew.........That's a long time ago. lol

In some ways I think there is a funny twist to this story.

When I was in high school, I couldn't wait to get a license to drive a car...............and now that I have one, and I'm a lot older, I'm back driving a bike. lol Something wrong here......

I started bike riding this spring and the most I could go when I started was about 5-6 miles. So I guess I've come a long ways since then.

I did learn that you are never to old to start.

Hauxfan!

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Hauxfan, For your birthday may the Hawks have a decisive victory over Michigan Saturday.

When do the derbys start?

Bill

7. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

More power to you Hauxfan,your doing a fine job.Thats the way it is I guess.Now were getting older we like to do the things we did when we were young.You have to ride the bike steady and train for a century ride.I use to ride a lot when I was younger and didn't have leg issues like I do now.I live in the rolling hills of New England and the century rides around here were a work out.
    I rode a Cannondale SR 600 a Criterium model.One of those bend over bikes like you mentioned LOL.Ok Haux,enjoyed chating with you on your birthday,perhaps we can do it for another ten years .

Sandy Holehouse.

8. neofight

neofight TS Member

Hat's off to an old phart who knows how to enjoy life. Keep it up, live well each and every day and embrace the sun each morning as it warms your rosy cheeks. Very cool !!

9. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Good job. So you're back to riding a bike, enjoy it because pretty soon we'll all be back to wearing diapers too.

10. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

Happy Birthday Haux! You are an inspiration!

11. TC

TC TS Member

Happy Birthday, 50 miles, WOW! Tony

12. Hauxfan

Thanks for all of the Happy Birthday wishes.

Likes to shoot, I'd take that present in a New York minute. Go Hawkeyes!

Surprisingly, I don't have a lot of aches and pains this morning. I'll be going to the mall and put in 4 miles to start with today.

You all have a great day! I plan on it.

Hauxfan!

13. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I love your attitude---My wife and I walk 4 mi ea day--I know the feeling---
    Happy Birthday---Many more---SJB---

14. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Well done Haux

So what do you think of your neighbors to the west joining your conference next year?

15. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Sorry for being late in my Birthday wishes but "Happy Birthday". The best for your Hawks but stay away from my Spartans.

You have inspired me and I am going to get on my stationary bike and do a couple of miles before I go and put in another 10 hr work day. 70+ and still going.

Don

16. Hauxfan

tim99, I think it's great that Nebraska has joined the Big 10.

Should be a good rivalry with Iowa and some great games to watch.

BigDon, age is only a way to measure of time. Some people are old at 50 and some never get old.

I'm trying to be the latter, as I'm sure you are too.

Hauxfan!

17. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday and enjoy your status

18. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I was also born on this date in 1965. Des Moines Iowa was the location. I hope that when I reach your milestone I will be able to walk, bike, and shoot. Happy Birthday!!

Rich (fairly young, I guess) in Indiana

PS My daughters gave me an Eagles Beer Mug.

19. Hauxfan

Don't try to do to much at your old age, Shootlow. You know how exhausted you get from just combing your hair in the mornings.

Question for Rich in Indiana? Does Rich stand for your name or how much moola you have? ;);)

If it's the former, Hi Rich. If it's the latter............you're a lucky man indeed.

Hauxfan!

20. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I'm so poor I had to leave the family in Pa while I work in Indiana. Actually, I'm just happy to have a job after a 15 month layoff.

Rich in Indiana

PS I'm not real happy with what your boys did to Penn State!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.