1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

??? for Mr. Winston on handicap yardage

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Neil Winston, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Fred, it's so you can shoot a 96 (for example, or win a small shoot) and you only move back about half the time. You don't stand on the "half yard" for the same reason, as well as taking the responsibility from the scorer of retermining "Does he have his toe forward of the invisible eighteen-inch line? Or not?"

Of course, lots of shooters do stand on the eighteen-inch line for a while before they find out they don't have to. The rule book makes it clear enough, I think. OK, there's a little inconsistency there and you have pointed it out, but but it _says_ you don't have to stand half-a-yard back and isn't that enough?

Neil

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Fred- Many shooters earn a 1/2 yard punch at shoots. A 22 1/2 yard shooter will shoot from the 22 yard line. And, when the 22 1/2 yard shooter earns another 1/2 yard, he will move to the 23. Two 1/2 yard punches = one yard.

Pat Ireland

3. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

How come we don't have 1/4 yard punches?

4. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

Yeah, but we could have a 1/4 yard punch for a 95, maybe an 1/8 yard for a 94.

5. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

stupid rule, more paper work and only helps sandbaggers. how about a 1/16 yard punch. ( 1/2 yard punch is warning punch.) holy shit, do i really want to get another 1/2 yard punch? or should i sandbag.)

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

smsnyder- You want the additional 1/2 yard. You can do many things well , but I do not think you can sandbag. It takes a cheater to do that.

Pat Ireland

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Looked like he did a good job of doing it at the Grand.

Don

8. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

Don, are you calling snyder a cheater?

9. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Pat,

Sandbaggers are not necessarily cheaters. They are target managers. HMB

10. angryman7

angryman7 TS Member

snyder, you,re not a good enough of a shot to sandbag. just like most of us you better take em when they come

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.