1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

For Led Zeppelin Fans

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blade819, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

For all of you Led Heads, I just finished watching Celebration Day, recorded in 2007 in London, and while searching for adjectives to describe this concert all I could come up with is Magnificent! The DVD was just released on Nov. 17th, so I highly recommend it and this possibly could be the greatest concert film ever recorded. To see these “geezers” play and Jason Bonham beat the hell out of his drum kit was something to behold. They had to de-tune to open D so Robert Plant could hit the high notes and he did a superb job.

Blade819

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Watching well-financed, highly-prepared old pros perform usually is not set up to disappoint...but Robert Plant needs to stick to singing duets with tame old country chicks, imo. Some of it was painful to listen to.

3. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I'll check it out, thought one day I would out grow the Zep, but I'm 50 and still find some of their tunes timeless, ( mostly the ones that didn't make mainstream.

4. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

With the open D tune down, I thought Plant did a great job. However, like all high screaming rock singers, the ole tubes get worn out over time. I imagine if they ever decided to put a tour together he would only be able to sing every 3 or 4 days. The production was very well put together and professional with great sound quality. I have it in Blu Ray and big projector (6x12) and it was like being there. What amzed me and still does today, I saw Plant & Page during their No Quarter tour and never saw Page once wipe his sweat. It literally was dripping off his fingers. At the end of Celebration Day it looked like he was sweating like a farm animal and about ready to keel over. But.... he was hitting all the licks!

blade819

5. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

In the same vein..........today i tunes finally made available the entire catalog of AC/DC !!!

Ken Rucker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.