1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

? for Joe Kuhn

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kiwiG, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Hi Joe, Your 'Barrakuhna' is based on a Rem.58 as I recall. When you remove the forend and barrel unit, are there supposed to be any o-rings along the magazine tube? If so...where? Thanks in advance-Graham.

2. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Graham - yes, there's one o ring about an eighth of an inch thick between the gas ports and the end of the piston. By sliding it all back towards the reciever I can see it through the slot in the mag tube. It's pretty thick - about an eighth of an inch. Why, what's up?

Damn nice gun. Never had a lick of trouble. I only wipe it clean and chop the carbon out of the piston when it starts filling in the gas ports.

3. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Thanks Joe...I got one off a workmate in lieu of a $50 debt...pretty well beat up but is just what I wanted for a junky loaner. No rings or seals on the mag. tube...I know 1100's have them. I don't intend to put any money into the gun, but since it doesn't reliably cycle the 2nd shot I want to do as many 'el-cheapo' fixits as I can. Cheers-Graham.

4. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

I tried shooting doubles with it once and I was so focused on the targets I forgot the check the end cap setting. It should be on 'L' for low brass. That gives you the best chance for the second shell. Will have to try it again sometime.

I use a big paper clip to poke the carbon of the the bleeder holes in the end cap. That gets pretty carboned up as well.

Good luck.

5. ouch

ouch Member

These are great guns. Tron introduced me to them.Try the attached site for cleaning info. Richard

6. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Thanks Richard, that is awesome. I'm the guy gunsmith's love to hate...if there is a part that is vital, irreplaceable, unreachable,and supposedly unbreakable....you know the rest of the story. Cheers-Graham.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.