1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

? for Jim Veta

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Jim- the photos of the guns you offer for sale are among the best I've seen. What camera? Lighting & background format do yo use?

Thanx

Phil Berkowitz

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Sure it is not just the quality guns he lists, helping those pictures look good. I don't know where he gets all of those nice guns.

3. Jim Veta

Jim Veta Active Member

Thank you guys very much for the comments. I wish I could say i was good with a camera. I try to use as much natural light as i can, no flash used on metal where close ups are required. I have the camera set on auto, so I can't screw things up too bad. The camera is just an inexpensive Canon digital. It can do some simple close ups. I like a White sheet or paper towel for the back ground as well. That's it. "Keep it simple stupid" the old K.I.S.S. principal.

Jim Veta

4. Rich Bullard Jr.

Rich Bullard Jr. Active Member

Looking at some of his scores he was not listening.

5. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

Jim is going show RB08 how to shoot with class and style in the Ironman Shoot this weekend.

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I learned from DBBill that the best b/g is grey. And that the sensors will PU the other colors better if you have a grey b/g. I began watching photos on TS.com and concluded that weathered barn wood is about as good as it gets. I then made my gun board, painted it with grey latex and am letting it look like what ever happens. Here are a couple of pics tht tell th estory pretty well.
    Jack
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.