1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

For Illinois voters

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by thomaslea1, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thomaslea1

thomaslea1 Member

Source: Associated Press article, Dec 13th issue of the Champaign News Gazette.

This makes my vote much easier.

Question: "Would you sign or veto legislation allowing concealed-carry for handguns?"

Republicans:

Andrzejewski: "I would sign....."
    Brady: "...concealed-carry should be legalized"
    Dillard: "w/proper training & thorough background checks AND depending on the exact language.....,I could support..."
    McKenna: "I am opposed..."
    Proft: "I would sign.."
    Ryan: "I would veto..."
    Schillerstorm: "I would veto...

Democrats:

Hynes: no position
    Quinn and Walls: "I would veto..."

"Would you sign or veto legislation banning the sale and possession of semi-automatic assault-style weapons in Illinois?"

Republicans:

Andrzejewski: "I would veto....."
    Brady: "I am opposed to any further restrictions...."
    Dillard: I need more details.....
    McKenna: wishy-washy, but indicated he would have veto tendencies
    Proft: "I would veto.."
    Ryan: "I would sign..."
    Schillerstorm: "I would sign...

Democrats:

Hynes,Quinn and Walls: "I would sign..."

2. partygirl

partygirl TS Member

McKenna is a RINO and will stick concealed carry so far up your butt you'll never find it. Smug little rich brat who thinks he knows it all.
    Ryan is worthless and I'm glad he opened his big mouth early so he can be discounted as a candidate. I could never figure out why Ryan wanted to pass himself off as a conservative.

3. thomaslea1

thomaslea1 Member

I guess I misread a couple of times what I wrote. Still trying to find what was misleading. Ryan would veto legislation ".....legislation allowing concealed-carry for handguns" and Ryan would sign "...legislation banning the sale and possession of semi-automatic assault-style weapons in Illinois". Sorry I didn't get the carriage returns in. I assumed it would read out in a list rather than end-to-end. Either way, if you read the name followed by their position.... So mister skeet, sorry I confused you.

4. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

Looks pretty clear to me thomaslea1. Thank you for the info. So who looks like the best candidate for governor in Illinois?

Thank you, Rodbuster.

5. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

thomaslea1 Don,t worry about it it,s really easy .

6. K-Hornet

K-Hornet Member

I attended a 'meet your Gov. candidate' in Joliet at a town hall meeting. They were all invited but Ryan, Hynes,Quinn and Walls did not attend. What a cat fight it was. They were all asked about 'concealed-carry' and about 'legislation banning the sale and possession of semi-automatic assault-style weapons in Illinois'. Schillerstorm was against both at that time.

I talked to Brady after and liked him because he is from down state and maybe not tainted from chicago style politics. He was the only one who did not fire at the others only defended himself in the free for all and tried to get his message across. It was a real cat fight with the others. But then a politician will jump to anyside of the line as the wind blows.

Al

7. SCL

SCL Member

Mark Kirk isa a RINO as well. I've been researching some and really like Brady for Gov and Hughes for Sen. I went to Kane CO Gun Show and met one of the Dems for Senator, Robert Marshall. Liked most of what he said. He's Pro 2a and seems to be pretty conservative for a Dem. I'd still vote Hughes. Gotta give him credit for going to a show fo campaigning, though!

8. partygirl

partygirl TS Member

Mark Kirk is the Republican party's version of Chicken Dick "the human weather vane" Durbin. Kirk voted for cap&trade and then found out how he screwed up and ran around to all the media outlets and said he made a mistake. He supported the assault weapons ban, and would support another. At a Republican fundraiser this year I had a leading state Repub tell me that he didn't like Kirk all that much either, but he's the best the party has for the Senate. I told him he was full of it, and we'll see about that. Party leadership in the state had better wake up. These incumbents who think they are entitled have to go. I hope, and think that the nation will hold a wake up party in 2010. You can only push the PAYING public so far. Both parties need to pay, but the stupid Dems need to suffer.

9. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

this is nothing new. I met Edgar years ago when he was campaigning...he told me everything I wanted to hear and then acted the opposite his whole time in office.

Trust no politician.

Vote out the incumbents.

Read what the framers of the Declaration and the writers of the Constitution said.....among which is the idea that taxes are to be collected at the pleasure (permission) of the people. Also, that all men should go armed. Also, that when government becomes opressive or excessive, that it should be overthrown. (not that I endorse violent overthrow, but a voter's overthrow of the "entitled" incumbents could send a message.)

As my man Beck said, the progressive movement is nothing more than an attempt to control your money, your lives and make you dependent on the government which will own and control everything...while they get more power and more money. Just how anyone will get more money when there is none to get is a puzzle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.