1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

For DOWNRANGE Mfg. manager guy

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fishguts, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishguts

fishguts Member

Sir, there is so much talk about Downrange wads, their ease of loading, good prices, good patterns, etc. There is no retailer in the N/W Indiana area. Our components delivery guy will only bring full cases, no single bags.....So, consider offering a sample case in your line. One bag of each 12 ga. 1oz. and 1 1/8th.oz. wad you make. Just a thought. Some of us want to give them a try, but not a case of each. I want to try that Versalite wad.

Wayne

2. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Wayne,

Don't forget the wads for those 1 7/8 of 4's you shoot from 27. Oops, I let out your secret, LOL.

Matt Krizinski

3. fishguts

fishguts Member

Matt, there's no room for a wad........

Fishguts

4. Supertech

Supertech TS Member

Retailing seems to be a problem. But they are great at getting bulk out there so why not just call them and purchase a few sample bags? you could find what works for you then purchase cases at a time.

5. quartering

quartering Active Member

first of all, ditch your components delivery guy. you can buy a mixed case of wads anywhere. second, downrange has, without a doubt, the best product out there. third, downrange has a really nice website format - great images on a lot of that stuff. fourth, downrange has, without a doubt, the absolute, most neglected, most out of date website i've ever seen in my entire life. if they would just update their site, you would discover that they have at least 4 or 6 new wads that few of us know anything about - and they have their own website! why aren't they promoting their stuff? i don't get it. what's up with that, kevin? thanks

6. TERRYB

TERRYB Member

I can send you a hundred or so of the Downrange XXL (pink) wads(7/8 oz) if you would like to try them.....I would ship them in one of the USPS flat rate boxes but I don't know what your shipping cost would be....shipped from Phoenix....PS, when you see Larry Liffick tell him he owes me one or have him pick up the shipping cost......Terry

7. vatrap

vatrap Member

Wayne,

Give Tim Felty a try, I just bought a mixed case from him to reload some extra hulls I had that were not my normal loads. His handle on here is TC Felty.

Mike

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

As I remember, Roger Brenner also had sample pacs of the various wads..

9. djcuda

djcuda Member

Try Omahasportingsupply and ask for Barry
    402-541-2157

10. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Fishguts,

Try Midway for single bags of wads. They will ship one bag or a thousand. You could also ask Kevin Lewis to send a few samples of the ones you are interested in.

Click the following link:

Downrange Wads from MidwayUSA

11. DoRaMa

DoRaMa Member

4170 N. Gun Powder Circle, Hastings NE 68901
    Hello fishguts,

I'm sorry but I don't sell mixed cases of wads. This will be up to your component supplier to break down the cases for mixed orders.

Sorry

Kevin @ 402-463-3415

12. TCFelty

TCFelty Member

Hey guys, I still have a pretty good selection left of wads. I do not have the versailites in stock right now but have most of the rest. I'll ship you what you need if I have it. Give me a call at 859-322-3109 or my email is right here. Thanks Tim Felty Felty Enterprises 859-322-3109

13. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I can't say with certainty that this is the reason for so few gun shops carrying Downrange wads, but it might be something for Kevin to look into. My local shop, at the requests of a shooting friend and myself, looked into stocking them but the shipping charges from Downrange would have resulted in them being so much more expensive than the Federal, Remington, Winchester and Claybuster wads he already stocks that they likely would not have sold for him.

The quantity he would have had to buy at one time to receive affordable shipping costs was excessive for a shop his size. And it's not like he only keeps a few bags of each on hand - he usually has several cases of each model from each manufacturer he represents. If you think about it, that's a fairly significant number of cases of wads.

Just a thought...

Ed

14. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

These guys handed out samples at one of the Ohio shoots at the Cardinal. Very nice guy asked if I reloaded, thought innocent enough question
    told him yep Win AA hulls 1oz & I used green dot, He handed me a 25 sa
    ple bag of the neon green, the old red style and some pink ones.
    Loaded them up when I got home used them all the next Wed morning along with a new box of AA's could not tell the difference. Nice wads.

Deb

15. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

My S.O. has been using the pink ones for me for some time now. It works for me. They are great wads and a good company to work with.

Luvn

16. 410 JIM

410 JIM TS Member

Hey Indiana guy, Gamaliel(pronounced Ga-mail) in kentucky has everything for the Shotgun Sports except shooting instruction and they could arrange that. GAMALIEL.COM it's pretty close so shipping will be cheap enough. Jim Happy New Year to all

17. fishguts

fishguts Member

Thanks SL1666...I ordered a case of CBSL's. $77, no shipping charge...be here Weds.

Indiana Guy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.