1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

For Combo Shooters

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FNG, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FNG

FNG Member

Do you try to maintain the same weight and balence for your single barrel that you have for the O/U set ? I shoot a K-32 combo and the single barrel is noticeably lighter than the O/U/. The false bottom barrel has a snap cap that has a threaded 3/16" rod attached that extends almost to the end of the false bottom barrel. It has weights threaded on it that just fit inside the tube. I don't know if they're a Krieghoff product or some after market job. I'd like to get more weights or some other device to increase the weight of the single barrel without having to clamp a weight on the barrel forward of the forearm. Suggestions and thoughts welcomed. Thanks.

2. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

The weight and balance on my Beretta 687 SPII combo are very similar, which makes it easy to transition between barrels. If anything, I personally would use a slightly lighter o/u setup, since you need to be able to quickly move to the second target in doubles, but same weight and balance work ok for me also.
    I prefer a heavy single barrel for the steadiness, and not that much movement is required in singles anyway.

Jim R

3. brownk80

brownk80 Member

FNG,

Call Kreighoff and see what they can tell you. I don't think weight is generally the issue but rather the balance a gun has. A heavy gun (my old Ljutic) weighed about 9.5 lbs. so when people would pick it up they would all comment on the weight. I would tell them to mount it and they would all say "wow it swings so well" because the gun was well balanced. Just my $.02. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.