1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

…For Clapton Fans / Shotgunners…

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Gold E, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

Seems that a Stratocaster isn’t the only thing EC handles well.

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

I worked on a job with him earlier this year here in S. Florida and the subject of shooting came up. I told him that I shot trap and he was interested in trying it out. Unfortunately his schedule did not allow him any "play" time. Nice guy, very humble about his "stardom" and kind of introverted.

Eric

3. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

He is one of my guitar heros for sure. Blackie I think is the name of his Strat.

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I'm the guy that first started calling him "slow hand" because of his lousy video game skills. Elton John thought that it was funny, so the name stuck.

True story.

Tron

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Tron, what ever your taking can I have some? LOL We missed you hope dad is better!

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

If someone who knows how to post pics on here would be so kind to email me and I could forward the pics to them for posting. I've got a couple of pics of the "Eric's" on location that might be enjoyable to see.

Eric (the other one)

7. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

OK, Mixer I'll do it....but, only if you call EC for me and remind him that he still owes me fifty bucks.

Tron

8. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

Tron, you crack me up! Sardonic wit is my favorite humor. Hope your Dad’s doing well; glad to see you’re back. Things were getting WAY too serious here lately.

…but back to the topic…my wife and I have only missed one of EC’s concert tours in 20+ years. We even survived the “Acoustic Years”; Clapton was never meant to be unplugged! Crank it up and break the knob off.

9. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Tron I didn't know you was the one that named him that, well it looks like it makes my record worth more now only if I could get you to autograph it saying you was the one that thought up the Slow Hand name.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/cartoon/?action=view¤t=thinkingcap.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

How many out there bought these state of the art LP records back years ago I think I paid close to 20.00 for it back in the 1980's

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/music/?action=view¤t=10-21-08008Medium.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/music/?action=view¤t=10-21-08003Medium.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/music/?action=view¤t=10-21-08007Medium.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jC3wf1bik4k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jC3wf1bik4k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Foggy

10. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Foghorn,

Those records were on the Mobile Fidelity label?

Eric

11. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Eric you are correct about them being the Mobile label it is dated 1977 on the record.

Ok maybe you can explain these photo's below.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/people/tron/?action=view&current=DSC_0401.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

And another one.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/people/tron/?action=view&current=DSC_0405.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Foggy

12. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

OK, they were taken at the Kravis Center in Palm Beach where Eric Clapton was rehearsing with his group before starting his most recent tour. The interview with him was for the BB King museum in Mississippi I think. The whole interview lasted about 40 minutes and we all talked off camera for a bit.

The hat I'm wearing is from my club and he saw the name and logo and asked about it and he said that he has a few shotguns. I asked him to come to my club as my guest but he didn't have the time. In return he asked if I'd like to go down the hall and listen to them rehearse for a bit. Always have time for good music. Let me tell you in a smallish room they are loud and very good. It was like watching a well oiled machine at work. Better than any super hi-fi stereo system could ever hope to be. A very enjoyable profitable and fun day for me.

Eric

13. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

Hey Mixer. Was Derek Trucks with him at the rehearsal? Derek practically stole the show in Dallas.

It’s really cool that someone with the talent and popularity of EC shares the stage and even showcases younger talent. He seems to respect others as others surely respect him.

14. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Gold E,

You're asking the wrong person about that. I watched for about 5 minutes then had to leave. Aside from EC I didn't know one player from another.

Eric

15. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Tron, I thought Penis hand was an affliciton not unlike tennis elbow?

16. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Just remember, Eric Clapton and Duane Allman were very close friends. They both were considered the best guitarist of their times, Eric on lead and Duane on slide. As evident on Derick and The Domino's "Layla". Wayne

17. crusha

crusha TS Member

I still can't get the image out of my mind, of Jocelyn Elders calling him Eric "Clapner"...

18. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Wow, now I love Clapton even more! For someone as obsessed with his music as I am, I am ashamed to say that I didn't know about this! This guy is awesome! Guitar, cars, AND guns?! Story of my life! (without the millions invested in them)

And yes, it is Blackie, which sold a few years back for $999,999. Fender got a hold of it and made exact copies through their custom shop. Only a few made, they were awesome, I think the tag was around $25,000. Not sure though. What I would do to have one of those guitars, or one of those guns...
    -Trappy

19. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Tron, did you teach him how to play as well?
    -Trappy

20. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

Trappy:

If you did get one of those guitars what would you do with it ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.