1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

For Beer Lovers

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I love beer, however I have never been a big fan of Micro Beers. My wife works for a beer distrubtor and I get Corona cheap so I normally drink Corona exclusively. I had 40 cases of Corona in the garage that I bought when it was outdated and they took it back from Costco. Bought it for $3 a case so I have been drinking a lot of it and getting bored with it. She came home with a case of Ninkasi Tricerahops which is a micro made by Ninkasi in Eugene Oregon. It may be the best beer I ever tasted. It comes in a 22oz bottle. Yummie, I think it is time to get a kegerator and buy it in kegs
    [​IMG]

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

You Sir; May have an obsession with this stuff??? But then again? Break-em all. Jeff

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Alot of great beer comes out of Oregon but a lot of really great beer doesn't make it's way past the state line. If you ever find yourself in Bend Or you owe it to yourself to sample some of the fresh brews made in that town .... wonderful stuff.

I like the Ninkasi brews too.

4. cubancigar2000

Yes, I wanted to go to bend for the state shoot and did not make it

5. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

The front range of Colorado (Fort Collins down to Colorado Springs) has 28 different brewers and I recently had a chance to sample products from six of therm.. There wasn't a bad one in the bunch! Most were ales and not beers since the ales can be made a bit faster and a little cheaper I found out.

Sometimes I will try a "strangely" named beer, like for instance "ButtFace", simply because of the name. It is not what you may be thinking! It features two Big Horn sheep facing off in a butting contest! The brew definitely passed my taste test.

6. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

If you really want some good cheap brewski brew your own, start off with malt syrup and move to mashing the malted barley grain, you can make it for about a buck a gallon and if you put a little effort into it you can brew some of the best beer there is.

I'm in the process of redoing my "brewhouse" to brew in 55 gallon batches, then put it in Cornelius kegs, the kind they put soda syrup in, makes it much easier than bottling it then all you have to do is put CO2 on it get it cold and it's ready to drink

Charlie Zapap or something like that has written a few editions of The Joy of Home Brewing that are some real good books to get started

I've brewed a bunch of it, and everybody has loved all of it except one that I was going for the real high alcohol content, tasted pretty rough

7. cubancigar2000

I went through the home beer stage in 1995. I just never liked what I made that well. It is fun however. I suspect the brewing supplies etc have come along way since then. But again, the wife works at the beer dist so I get it to cheap to make it

8. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Just got back from the Bahamas and I got to say Kalik was some great beer. I had a Kalik light I believe, and it tasted just like a miller light, with 5% alcohol. Didn't taste strong at all. If your ever there give it a try. We had a cabbie take us to "Goldies" on the back side of town in Nassau where the beer is cold and cheap.

9. illiniphil

illiniphil Member

I love micro-brews. Capital Brewing out of Milwaukee is my favorite brewery. If I have to drink mainstream beers - I choose Sam Adams. With that being said, when it's hot in the summer a Corona with the lime is very hard to beat!

10. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

And beside all that beer is cheaper than a psychiatrist.

11. Shoot-at-em

Shoot-at-em TS Member

Remstar311-I agree with your assessmint of Kalik. We were there last February and found the beer to be very enjoyable. We were in Korea last month and found the local beers there very good as well.

12. nomoloscofoso

nomoloscofoso Member

THE PALE STALE ALE WITH THE HEAD ON THE BOTTOM

13. Basicdesignmachine

Basicdesignmachine TS Member

In the last year i'have drank over 80 different kinds of beer. For me Delirium Tremons is by far the best. Spotted Cows from WI ranks near the top, Anything from New Holland Brewing in MI, Cabin Fever, Dragons milk, Capsun, Poet.,They are all excellent beers; Flying Dog Brewing is a good one, as is Bells brewing. But anytime I have the opportunity to get my hands on a 24oz. bottle 8%Delirium.I now is gone to be a good night.
    IMHO
    Lou

14. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

MGD 64 = 18 a case

Corona = 28 a case

I'll take the MGD 64 as I am cheap.

For 3 bucks a case, old or not, i would have me entire garage filled with Corona. Very tasty. Tons of calories though. even Corona Light as a lot of calories. Too many limes make for some interesting internal issues. Must be the acid.

Its one thing where buying American is cheaper.

15. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Sir Cigar, don't fail to check your stores for some Black Butte Porter from Bend. Lotsa flavor without the not so good aftertaste of some of the dark brews. When in Bend, go the Brewery's restaurant in the middle of town for a culinary delight and some right-of-the-source brews.....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

16. patrick smith

patrick smith TS Member

I like a boulevard bully porter with a good ashton aged maduro cigar.

17. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

Very few beers I don't like!!!!!!!!!

Steve

18. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Micro breweries are where the best beer is made. Heading into the fall season it's about time to head on down to the local brewery for an Octoberfest.

19. JTEA

JTEA Member

In Pennsylvania; Yuengling, America's Oldest Brewery. Founded in 1829 family owned company, now spanning over 180 years of continuous operation. Five generations and going strong. They make any type you could possibly want, and they're right up the road. $15 / case for Lager. Grew up on Coors made in Colorado (not Canada); good for kids just like Corona.

JT

20. Duck Head

Duck Head TS Member

I have 2 favorite beers. Free and Cold!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.