1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

For all you model 12 experts

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bling 27, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bling 27

bling 27 Member

What is the reason for the high cost of Y models ? I have seen NIB Y's selling for hundreds more than NIB pre 64's. Whats up ?

2. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I don't know where you have been looking---SJB---

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I would like to know where you have been looking also, its sure not around here ... Pre 64's bring the most money in this area ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. bling 27

bling 27 Member

Gunbroker, Guns international,Guns America,Auction Arms, Cabelas, Dave Riffle. Right now Riffle has one NIB Y for $2900+. Auction arms has a pre 64 NIB for $2600. I bought a 95% Pigeon off this site 2 years ago for less than half that.

5. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

That may be for a field mdl but I can't believe it's for a duckbill trap mdl
    SJB---

6. bling 27

bling 27 Member

The Pigeon I bought off this site is a 2-pin duckbill trap made in 1955 #1650XXX The Gentleman I bought it from posts on here from time to time. Great gun, and I thank him MUCH !

7. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Are U saying that a Y mdl sells for more than your pigeon grade?---I'll start looking for a Y mdl In fact I have a Y mdl (trap) for less than $700.00

George@SJB

8. bling 27

bling 27 Member

I don't understand it. Take a look at some of those site's and see what they are asking for Y's. I was wondering why the high prices. I thought I am missing out on something !

9. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Are the (Ys) selling?

10. Rebsmith

Rebsmith Member

Maybe it's a pigeon Y?

Jere

11. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I'd like to see a pigeon (Y) bring more than $1,500.00---If so the recession is over---JMO---SJB

12. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Some seller is trolling for a sucker. No way is a new Y model 12 worth more than a new Pre-64 Model 12.

There are some Y-model 12 Super Pigeons going high dollars. Some of these are actually a pre-64 guns made with inventory parts w/Y serial numbers.

Came from the custom shop.

It is easy to tell if you look into the shell opening at underside of the top of the reciever, it will be a machined surface, not a rough cast surface as in the Y model.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

13. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

I check the auction sites daily, I am a beginning collector and am always looking for a good buy...There are a few Y models for "sale" at high prices, but there is usually something special about them...NIB, Mod. choke, skeet, but I don't see any of them selling. There are also many M 12s for sale by people that are not knowledgeable about the M 12 and are asking crazy high prices, and many with misleading descriptions...buyer beware. For me it is really interesting to watch the prices and the different gun for sael....JMHO...WC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.