1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Football Player With Down Syndrome Scores Touchdow

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Unsingle, Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

I bet you choke up after watching this: http://www.sportsgrid.com/ncaa-football/disabled-player-touchdown/

Ike Ditzenberger, a high school football player with Down Syndrome, scored his first career touchdown for Snohomish (Wash.) High last Friday night. With the game out of reach, and Snohomish down 35-0, coaches for opposing Lake Stevens high instructed their players to let Ditzenberger score, but to make it look competitive. What resulted was rumbling 51-yard run, and a seriously great moment.

Still are some great people out there.

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

run forrest

3. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

Special people need special people.
    I have a soft spot for them has got me in trouble before but well worth it.

4. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

Pretty Cool, My oldest son is Downs and I also coach for his Special Olympics bowling.

These kids (I say kids, some are my age;) are the greatest fun to work with. Always a joy and upbeat.

I bet having this kid on their team was a positive experience for the rest of the team, not just for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.