1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Foot or hand switch for spolar?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bpeeples, Sep 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bpeeples

bpeeples TS Member

I am planning on getting the autodrive for my new Spolar, ( which may be the best machine I have ever purchased).

I would appreciate your opinions on the foot switch v hand switch.

Thanks,

Ben Peeples

2. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I have customers that amount to about a 50-50 split on preferences.

Personally, I load with a hydraulic so I would be steering for the foot-switch model if I went the electric route, but that does NOT mean it is right for you. If possible, try to reload on both models (yes, I know that may not be an easy take).

If you get the hand toggle model you can always add the foot-switch at a later date. The only negative is that it is a $50 option at the time of purchase of the until, BUT an $85 addition to add it to the unit at some later point.

They are fairly easy to add.

My opinion only here.

Whiz White<BR>
    P/W Distributor

3. VNVET

VNVET Member

Ben,
    I'm with Whiz in this one. I'm not familar with the autodrive but I have a hyd. Spolar with a foot switch and I also have a Mec 9000 with the Automate, which I hardly ever use. The Spolar with the loading sequence at alternate ends of the stroke, allows me to load efficiently and accurately while watching the primer feed and wad feed. I use both feet, one for the UP and the other for the DOWN, much like driving an automatic transmission, one foot one the gas and one foot for the brake. The autodrive may have a different cyclic rate of speed, but the Spolar Hyd. is just about perfect, but I'm old and slow.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.