1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Food Saver 550 quit working - anyone repair these?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by pullbangloss, Jun 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

I've got a Food Saver 550 that quit working on me the last time I was sealing up some fish. It will not create vacuum which I think is caused by the heating strip not getting hot.

Apparently Food Saver corp. does not repair these or even offer spare parts so that you can fix them. They do however offer you 10% off a $299.99 unit, what a joke.

Does anyone know of someone who repairs these units? I'm not a mechanical kind of guy so I need an expert on this one.

Thanks in advance.

Matt Ski

2. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

try this.

3. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

I would strongly advise anyone to not buy Food Saver products. Jimette and I have been through many units over the years and there is no real manufacturer's back up after one year from purchase date. Plus, we have continually had trouble with bags from Food Saver. We use one so much that my son felt sorry for us and purchased for us Cabela's top of the line commercial unit. Within the first 30 packages, we had two fail. Come to find out the Cabela's brand is manufactured by Food Saver (private label). I'm sure some have had good results with this brand, but we definately have not!

milt

4. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Mine quit sucking the air out of the bags also, I took it apart.. didnt see much to go wrong except the motor..which would run..I put it back together and it started working again.. now If I can just get my wife to cook the deer meat i'll be in business...haha..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

food saver quit