1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FOID Card??? WTH

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by STOS, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STOS

STOS Member

When i first heard of the FOID card i could not believe it.I guess living in Idaho all my life im a little out of touch.I can't believe the gun owners of Illonois have put up with this law.I think the state of Illonois should have to pay back every penny they have collected for what i believe is the illegal fee they have charged for the right to simply own a fiearm.For this to happen in the USA is unbelievable.Now i know what produced the likes of barry osama obama.

2. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Any no concealed carry permit for Illinois residents either!!

Jim Skeel (Indiana)

3. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Well sacrifices have to made by everyone in order to have one of the safest communities in the nation....

4. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

One of the safes communities in the nation? Are you out of your mind...Chicago has had one of the highest rates of gun violence in the country even with all of our FOID BS and no concealed carry!! IL is a joke!!

5. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Another state also has the FOID card and it is in the north east just don't remember which one. Just more proof libs are clueless.

6. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Thank you Rick B.

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Just say FOAD to FOID.

8. STOS

STOS Member

Gary Im a NRA Life Endowment Member.I hope that helps with your water load.

9. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

303, here in Jersey we have a firearms ID card. Have to have one to purchase long guns, shotguns, pistols along with a permit, and hand gun ammo. That includes .22 or any ammo compatible with a hand gun. Theyre even thinking about showing it to purchase .410 shells. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

10. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

New Jersey has a "Firearms ID" card. It must be displayed before a salesperson can show you a firearm in a gun shop.

11. STOS

STOS Member

Gary Im a NRA Life Endowment Member.I hope that helps with your water load.

12. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

303, here in Jersey we have a firearms ID card. Have to have one to purchase long guns, shotguns, pistols along with a permit, and hand gun ammo. That includes .22 or any ammo compatible with a hand gun. Theyre even thinking about showing it to purchase .410 shells. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

13. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

New Jersey has a "Firearms ID" card. It must be displayed before a salesperson can show you a firearm in a gun shop.

14. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

I know. Its absolutely stupid. If you want to buy some ammo and left it at home its a real pain an the a$$. Most places wont even let you see a hand gun without an active permit. Forget about a permit to carry. Jesus himself could be your reference and the court will turn it down. That and the extremely high taxes are why I'm moving to TN. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

15. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Chuck, maybe that is the problem with the Republik of Illonois? Quit using Jesus as a reference and start using Darwin....

16. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

Just seemed the way the thread was evolving. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

17. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

So what is the complaint? You really must make some sort of sense with your emotional complaint. In Illinois we Illinoians have to have a Foid card to purchase ammunition and also to have in our possession a firearm however anyone from another state who can prove their existance can purchase ammunition without the FoiD cards. Go figure? Now in Indiana unless one has a conceal carry permit where else can they carry guns? From the store to the home is what I've been told. Can they take that firearm for shooting, hunting, or just transportation to another person? I've been told no. But the person who told me is suspect. He's a damned old ex-marine who has a conceal and carry permit and claimes he knows the law. I know the complaint is legit but we have a five year Foid card and at the end of that time one must renew. I actually don't remember the fee. I'm sure someone will supply that tidbit of info. Our law in Illinois has been around for close to thirty years I think. Been so long I can't remember when it wasn't around. Seems to upset everyone but those it affects.

I don't like the law either however it is handy to have for a second identification card with picture when that occasion arrises. I've always said that when the government comes to take away your weapons they will start with those who belong to organizations and who are permitted to carry. Then they will go after the hunters who use liscenses. Dan

18. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

To add a little fuel to the stupid foid fire...the state, Illinois, by law has to have the foid in your hands or the reason for the rejection of same within 30 days of their receiving it. Now....if your foid expires while you're waiting for your new one, you are not able to transport, shoot, or shop for guns,..or hunt, even if you have valid tags, permits, licenses.
    At present, it is taking somewhere between five and eight or more weeks for the foids to be sent to the applicants. We process a dozen a day for our customers and warn them not to get in a hurry.
    Bottom line: You are in violation of the law if you have guns and no valid foid. The state is in violation if they don't get it back to you within 30 days...but they aren't liable so go figure.

19. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Mass is only $125 for 5 years, I don't know how they can do it so cheap. That is the same fee for a permit to carry or just posession.

20. schockstrap

schockstrap Active Member

I really wish people would read the FOID act and understand the law. For one, there is a provision to get the repeal of the FOID act on the ballot in general elections... all it takes is a petition signed by 3% or so of the population. Get out and start the petition in your county. I've only lived in IL for about 15 years, but I don't recall ever seeing a vote for this repeal on the ballot.

--Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

foid card in terra haute in