1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Foghorn

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by OLD ONE EYE, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I traded my 32 inch unsingle for a 34 inch top single and the 34 inch is still lighter than the 32 in unsingle. I like the lighter weight but that is not the reason for switching I just shoot top singles better I wish I new why but after several unsingles I just gave up trying. I actually liked the look of the unsingle Beretta better but I need to shoot it also so changed.

2. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Dave :

My Unsingle 680 is a light weight compared to the 682's it is still factory.

I know the 682's has a thicker rib also they have the step in the rib where mine is just flat I have no problems with the weight of mine at all I do wonder how much heavier the 682's are compared to the original flat ribbed 680's like mine.

As Pat said I ahve seen a lot of people that will mill the rib out even cut out ever other post or just grind some extra metal off between the rib.

I also got a 682 top single barrel and it would be a lot lighter for you im sure but I have always shot my best scores with the unsingle so I only shoot the top single for the 16's.

I would say to remove some of the metal between the post might help but of course im not still sure if it would be as light as the old 680 unsingle or not maybe some else knows the actual weight of each.

I can weigh mine later when I get a scale.

Foghorn

3. wallknott-k80

wallknott-k80 TS Member

Dave in the early 80,s foggy sent his 680 and had it balanced much like a racing engine but i dont here of this service being offered anymore. foggy went into a shooting slump about a year ago said his gun was out of balance so he placed a couple packs of fishing sinkers in his stock and he soon won all the B class trophys he could haul home. remedy try adding weight to butt stock.

4. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

wallknott-k80:

Ok that was top secret info that wasn't suppose to slip out.

I guess since I used your truck to go to the local ACE hard ware store to get the fishing sinkers then you have a right to disclose the secret.

But you was right about the balance job in the early 80's it was only the barrel but back then I used to have a mecury recoil reduced in the butt stock so since I replaced the reducer with the sinkers I had been on a roll maybe some day I will get good enough to be a AA class shooter.

Foggy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.