1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Foggy shooting glasses

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Customf1, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Customf1

Customf1 TS Member

I went to shoot in 92 degree weather and had trouble focusing because the shooting glasses kept getting all fogged up. Any help is appreciated, I did 16, 18, 17 18, I normally do 19-22. Any recommendations other than staying home is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Buy some Decots. They set off your face and don't fog up.

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

All the good glasses systems set away from the face, but some of my guys use Nikon wipes... otherwise a good hocker and rinse like a diver's mask...

Jay

4. John 53

John 53 Member

Spitter has it right, or if you are a bit squeamish, stop by a dive shop and buy a bottle of anti fog for scuba masks. It works great on scuba gear and should work for shooting as well. RESIST the urge to stick your head in the pond after use! ; )

John

5. gr8shot

gr8shot Member

I use this anti fog and it works well. But, you have to have a positive air flow for it to work. Works especially well in the winter going in and out of doors.
    9 dollars shipped to u. One jar lasts for years. Wipe on a film w ur finger and wipe off wa cloth.
    PM me for shipping details.
    All inquiries welcome.

Steve
    gr8shot_2008_03038.jpg

6. wm rike

wm rike Member

Wash them with a glycerin soap.

7. shaggist

shaggist Member

There are a number of antifog applications avaiable for shooters. Most of them are a liquid that you put a drop of on each lense and then polish off. They are made specifically for scuba masks and paintball face shields. You can find them on Ebay also. Air circulation behind the lenses is also a requirement, so make sure your glasses sit out from your face. Also carry a lense cleaning cloth made of a microfiber material, so that you can clean the lenses without scratching them.

With the excessive rain we have had in NC this year, combined with our normally high summertime temperatures, fogging is a common problem for us. The above solutions should cure the problem, even for heavy perspirers like me.

Jack

8. himark

himark Well-Known Member

All else fails you can spit on your glasses wipe it around and clear it off. It will help the fogging. Old scuba trick.

9. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Keller is right. I used to use a tiny drop of dishwashing soap like Dawn on my ski goggles and have used it on my Decots back when I used blinders.

Any liquid soap would probably do. You don't have to buy anything special. Those commercial products are basically soap. Try dishwashing liquid first. Doesn't cost you a thing.

10. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Get a better fitting shooting glass that are away from your face. That will stop all fogging.

11. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Member

I use a drop of Dawn also and it seems to work ok or you can go to your eye doctor and they may have the fog spray that you can use but its pricey.

I wouldn't use some thing that you would get at a gun show ...... I tried that kind of stuff back some time ago and it cost me a new pair of glass's. So make sure you know whats in the stuff your buying or it could cost you big bucks down the raod. I found out the hard way!

12. jharryfrey@att.net

jharryfrey@att.net Member

TRY RAIN-X A PRODUCT FOR THE WINDSHIELD AND IT WORKS ON GLASSES FOR RAIN ALSO. HARRY

13. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

Keller has it right, all you need is Cat Crap.

14. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

Rain-x or WD40

15. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

My Decots fog and they sit well away from my face. The dish soap trick worked for me.

Ed

Search tags for this page

content

foggy head shoting

shootings goggles foggy

trap shooting glasses that dont fog