1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fogging glasses

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shot410ga, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Buy some Decots that push the lenses away from your face. I live on the Gulf Coast, bad humidity lots of fogging with regular glasses, but not with the Decots.

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Spit ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. ImpalaBob

ImpalaBob Member

I use the stuff made for scuba masks.

4. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

You can use Ivory bar soap. Draw a small line with the soap on both sides of the
    lenses then gently polish with a soft cloth or good paper towel. This works well and I've had the same little bar of soap in my shooting bag for years! (In a zip lock bag...)

There is also a product called "Cat Crap" available at camping and mountaineering stores that also works well. (With a name like that it better!) Same procedure.

Bob Schultz

5. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

Zeiss makes these little packets called "Lens Cleaning Wipes". They are similar to the hand wash packets BUT are designed for eyeglass lenses and photography lenses. They clean well and offer some amount of fogging resistance. I have found them on Ebay and Amazon. I get the 200 pack.

However, eyeglass fitment so that you have some air space between your face and the lenses is very important. Sometimes just tipping you cap brim UP a bit will enable air flow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.