1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

++++++ FOCUS ++++++

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ismah, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ismah

ismah Member

Is there a trick to keep your focus while shooting? From the time you mount your comb to your cheek, raise your eyes and say "Pull!" What do you do to get on the target and pull the trigger? Sometimes I pull the trigger whether I'm on the target or not. Then I'll cuss myself for being stupid and miss the next one. I can't seem to overcome distractions. What do you do?? How do you handle distractions? I'd really appreciate some help here. Bill B.

2. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

First thing I would suggest is to understand what it is that is distracting you. Is it other shooters? Is it your mind running wild and not staying where it should be?

If it is other shooters distracting you, try wearing blinders. Just like a horse, you will keep your eyes forward and not looking around. One other trick that I employ is to stare at something, anything on the ground in between shots instead of looking at the other guys' shots. When it's your turn, raise your eyes and your gun and call for the bird. I find this helps maintain my mental focus.

Kevin

3. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

while waiting for your turn keep repeating to your self " 7.5 or 8's"....actually repeat anything over and over so as not to let anything enter your thoughts.

tony

4. ismah

ismah Member

Kevin & Tony, thanks for the advice. While shooting this past Saturday I was distracted by another shooters shadow. Just as I was about to call for a target he moved his barrel up to almost a shooting position, I caught the shadows movement in the corner of my eye and missed my target. Then missed the next one because I was pissed. Lost focus. I wear blinders but probably do pay too much attention to other shooters scores. I'll try your suggestions & see how it affects me.
    Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.