1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FNG with a Berreta 682x

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MattSaban, Feb 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattSaban

MattSaban TS Member

Hey Guys!

New trap shooter....aprox 6 months. Ive taken up an offer from another member to purchase a beautiful used 682x combo, and have also ordered an additional used monte carlo stock from Cole which I will have GraCoil adjustable pad installed on and an adjustable comb cut and installed.

I could not bear to cut up a 98%+ Stock to modify it!! I personally dont like the look or feel of a soft comb. I certianly dont want to "mess up" a really nice set with my "custom touches"

I have a pro for stockfitting etc.

Gun was recently at Tom Coles for a complete rebuid.

What else should I look to have done before putting this gun in service? What are common preventable issues, if any.

Im a huge fan of any Itallian shotgun, use Benelli for hunting and am told Beretta is equally great. cant wait to bust clay with it!

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Why don't you have the adjustable butt plate put in which allows you to change the length of pull instead of the adjustable pad?. It's only another $13.

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

If Cole's went through the gun it is good to go. Shoot the piss out of it and have fun!

Weclome to the 682 club!

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Matt,

As wolfram said, welcome to the 682 club.

Enjoy the gun and shoot it forever. A little lube on the pins and where the forend iron meets the receiver. Take the stock off to clean and lube every once in a while.

The other big plus is as your shooting style/needs change, you can just buy a barrel and have it fitted. No need to sell it and start over.

ss

5. MattSaban

MattSaban TS Member

Thats what I ordered from Graco...my terminology is wrong:( Ill get it eventualy :0) THX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

berreta682x