1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

fn Diana 4brl skeet

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by g7777777, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

hard to sell

regards from Iowa

Gene

that doesnt mean that it might not be desirable to someone- just might take you years and years to find that person

Price matters- what is the asking price?

2. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

I don't think Browning made factory 4 barrel sets in 1952. My bet is that it's a 12ga. Diana with Simmons barrels in 20/28/410. Let us know!!

3. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

My Browning reference book indicates the 4 barrel skeet set wasn't available until 1972. If by some chance it was produced as a 4 barrel set, each barrel will have it's own forend. The book says small gauge barrels were not made to fit 12 gauge frames until 1972. Also look for a center bead. Browning never offered a separate skeet model with skeet wood until 1969, the earlier guns that are choked skeet without a center bead are field guns. Of course the center bead could be easily added at most any time after purchase. Felix Funken was the first master engraver employed at Fabrique Nationale's Liege manufacturing facilities, and in 1926 established a school for F.N. to help develop good engravers. He also rebuilt the shop after the devastations of WW ll and trained young engravers to follow his beautiful style.

I've shot skeet for some 35 plus years, 10 of them in Germany, and I've never seen a Diana skeet gun used except mine. Most people want them now for the sake of old style tradition and quality, and if your buying it for resale it might be a long road to a successfull sale. Especially if it's not a factory correct gun. Gary L.

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Functionally they are not as closed tolerance or as good as a citori-

but functionality isnt everything

regards from Iowa

Gene

5. esetter

esetter Active Member

The four barrel sets were contracted by Simmons through a company in Belgium Germany named Cordy. I have a Superposed 4 barrel set and it is a great gun with 28" barrels. There is only one forearm and it snaps right off one and onto the others. Mine is a round knob long tang also. The barrels will not have ribs between the two barrels, just like a remington 3200. The chokes in these barrels are super and will crunch birds. Hope this helps, Gerry Addison.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.