1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Flying with cash?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blkcloud, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

In the back of my mind I think I remember a man who was trying to board a plane with a bunch of cash on his person and it got confiscated.. I'm thinking of flying to Texas to buy a motorhome, the seller wants cash..I dont blame him.. Is there any restrictions to flying with a sack full of money? thanks!

2. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

In the back of my mind I think I remember a man who was trying to board a plane with a bunch of cash on his person and it got confiscated.. I'm thinking of flying to Texas to buy a motorhome, the seller wants cash..I dont blame him.. Is there any restrictions to flying with a sack full of money? thanks!

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Big Brother will know exactly how much cash you are flying with thanks to the metal strips in all number bills now. Its it over 10,000 dollars expect to have someone ask you some questions somewhere along the way. Or you could have the funds sitting at your banks branch at the closest town of the owner of the RV. Or you could drive there in a car!!! Spit!!!! This sounds fishy to me you trollster? break em all Jeff

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Big Brother will know exactly how much cash you are flying with thanks to the metal strips in all number bills now. Its it over 10,000 dollars expect to have someone ask you some questions somewhere along the way. Or you could have the funds sitting at your banks branch at the closest town of the owner of the RV. Or you could drive there in a car!!! Spit!!!! This sounds fishy to me you trollster? break em all Jeff

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Actually that isnt correct. They can confiscate any money for investigation. If it is over a certain amount of US currency and you take it out of the country- you have to declare it. If you dont declare it, not only is it a crime but the money may be kept.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Actually that isnt correct. They can confiscate any money for investigation. If it is over a certain amount of US currency and you take it out of the country- you have to declare it. If you dont declare it, not only is it a crime but the money may be kept.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

7. Shawn

Shawn Member

blkcloud
    I read this artice recently. Something else to consider.

Shawn

8. Shawn

Shawn Member

blkcloud
    I read this artice recently. Something else to consider.

Shawn

9. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Thanks guys..

This sounds fishy to me you trollster? not being a professional poster please explain trollster in country boy terms..

10. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Thanks guys..

This sounds fishy to me you trollster? not being a professional poster please explain trollster in country boy terms..

11. dverna

dverna Active Member

No way I would carry enough cash to buy a motor home to a meeting with a stranger. One could wind up dead, or beaten up.

Seller is out of his mind. If a cashiers check is not good enough, find another motor home.

Don Verna

12. dverna

dverna Active Member

No way I would carry enough cash to buy a motor home to a meeting with a stranger. One could wind up dead, or beaten up.

Seller is out of his mind. If a cashiers check is not good enough, find another motor home.

Don Verna

13. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

If he won't accept a certified check don't do the deal ... the seller probably has some legal issues you don't want to be part of - major red flag.

14. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

If he won't accept a certified check don't do the deal ... the seller probably has some legal issues you don't want to be part of - major red flag.

15. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Or there could be something that is very costly to repair that is wrong with the motor home, and it doesn't show up until it has run for a while, if he has the cash, you have absolutely no recourse

Something is way too fishy

16. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Or there could be something that is very costly to repair that is wrong with the motor home, and it doesn't show up until it has run for a while, if he has the cash, you have absolutely no recourse

Something is way too fishy

17. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I think i agree with the fellas that said don't go with that much cash. Its a recipe for disaster no matter how you slice it. If the seller wants cash, take him with you to a branch of your bank in the sellers location and get the money after the agreed deal is reached. Let the seller know well ahead of time this is the way you are gonna go about it. Be sure to go over the details with the bank on both ends ahead of time as sometimes there are procedures for large cash withdraws. I have had to wait 24hrs to withdraw over $25K before at one of my banks. All banks are different. Just my 2 cents.

18. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I think i agree with the fellas that said don't go with that much cash. Its a recipe for disaster no matter how you slice it. If the seller wants cash, take him with you to a branch of your bank in the sellers location and get the money after the agreed deal is reached. Let the seller know well ahead of time this is the way you are gonna go about it. Be sure to go over the details with the bank on both ends ahead of time as sometimes there are procedures for large cash withdraws. I have had to wait 24hrs to withdraw over $25K before at one of my banks. All banks are different. Just my 2 cents.

19. rd

rd TS Member

Not that you should care what we think, but I agree that you shouldn't try to fly, or even drive, with enough cash for a motorhome. It's just not safe, and almost all cash that has been circulated for any length of time has drug residue sufficient to alert a drug sniffing dog, which might justify the authorities seizing it for "further investigation". Not a very good idea at all. it sounds like a setup. You can arrange a wire transfer that he can verify at his bank if, after you see the motorhome, you still want to do the deal.

20. rd

rd TS Member

Not that you should care what we think, but I agree that you shouldn't try to fly, or even drive, with enough cash for a motorhome. It's just not safe, and almost all cash that has been circulated for any length of time has drug residue sufficient to alert a drug sniffing dog, which might justify the authorities seizing it for "further investigation". Not a very good idea at all. it sounds like a setup. You can arrange a wire transfer that he can verify at his bank if, after you see the motorhome, you still want to do the deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.