1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Flying Saucer Trap Club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by warren, Jun 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warren

warren Member

I attended a one day shoot at the Flying Saucer Trap Club in Lovelack, Nv. today, my first time there, good shoot lots of fun although it was a little hot 100 degrees. Something new to me, they had prisnors in stripped suits as trap boys, they were well mannered but you could tell they were not expereinced in keeping trap scores

warren

2. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

What the hell are they thinking in Vegas ?? Prisoners doing community service where guns are allowed . Should have been picking up soda and beer cans along the roads . Give the extra money to others . I can understand giving them some minimal work to get back to work force but give me a break -- where guns are allowed ?? They have been hired to wash cars and much more !!!

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

This was in Lovelock not LV and they pay a very small amount to get the gang of prisoners (which is all they are worth). Quality cheap labor is hard to come by if you don't have a group of active volunteers.

These are prisoners from the county jail not the hard case felons. And yes the prison crews do other jobs like picking up trash and hiring out to cut weeds etc. I hired on a crew of inmates to repair netting over an industial pond for one of the companies I worked for.... they did a good job at minimal cost.

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Weren't there prisoners used at the old Phoenix Trap and Skeet club. I seem to remember a few electronic ankle bracelets on some of the ladies pulling there during the Spring Grand one year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.