1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fluid Film for guns ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Gun Dog, Jun 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gun Dog

Gun Dog TS Member

Anyone use the product "Fluid Film" for general cleaning and rust protection on their Guns ? I did a search on TS But didn't find much. Had a few local guys tell me they liked it so I got a can. $10 at the John Deere dealer.

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Every one of my stored guns has had FF applied to the barrels inside and out and to the outside surface of other metal parts.

If it is good enough for the Navy, it's good enough for me.

MK

3. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I use it on my snow plows.

4. Gun Dog

Gun Dog TS Member

Thanks MK. I tried it on one of my ole sleepers. This $h!t Blows the doors off of WD-40 or Rem Oil. Made In USA Too!!

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I sure does get some awesome reviews. I am going to try it

6. Cal Taylor

Cal Taylor Member

Hi,
    Fluid film is a great rust protect-ant but if left thick it dries very hard, like cement. Not really a lubricant, more of a waxy coating for tools, machinery, etc.

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Cal- I agree with you. It is great for long term storage but a very poor, at best, gun lubricant.

Gun Dog- You asked about using it for gun cleaning. It will work very well. Put some on your gun and after a lot of scrubbing with a solvent you will have removed all of the Fluid Film and the gun will be clean.

Pat Ireland

8. Gun Dog

Gun Dog TS Member

Thanks guys. I did notice it is a little Thick. Never would have thought it would dry up though. I guess by "general cleaning" I meant wiping a gun down after each use. I now realize it may be to Thick for even that. I think I'll just apply it to the sleepers and use something else for the everyday shooters.

William

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
fluid film firearms
fluid film for guns
fluid film for sale

fluid film gun cleaning

fluid film gun uses

fluid film on firearms

fluid film on guns

fluid filmfirarms