1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

flues single trap parts breakdown/parts

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cletius, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cletius

cletius TS Member

am looking for a exploded parts view of a flues SBT also am in need of a firing pin. would like to know if the ones out of the doubles fit? i am looking for the parts breakdown because i think there are parts missing,seems this old shotgun has been worked on by someone. seems the firing pin is short and am wondering if another models pin can be modified or if i need to start building.Patrick

2. samiam03

samiam03 Member

Here's what you're looking for. I've got a 1916 4E. You might also reach out to another member with the user name BillGrill (only gambles on matrimony) he's well versed with Ithaca SBT's.

Keep in touch

Sam

3. jlb

jlb Member

I went to the web site indicated in the samiam03 posting and found that the diagrams, while listed for Flues, are for the Knick model. The tipoff is the locking bolt on the Knick model and the three screws that hold the trigger plate to the gun.

jlb

4. samiam03

samiam03 Member

Not saying your right or wrong but I do know that there were variations from year to year among the Flues model.

Here the receiver from mine
    [​IMG]

And here's a 1917 4E illustrated on guncollectors.com:
    [​IMG]

Just above the half crescent is a locking bolt. By serial number these two guns are 1 year apart.

What we really need to know is the serial number of Patrick's gun - it could be a NID or a Knickerbocker. Also my fore end latch is identical to the 1917 gun on guncollectors.com but I believe I've seen pictures on gunbroker.com etc. of early flues models with the lever instead of the button. Really a shame that the manufacturing records no longer exist.

I certainly defer to anyone who knows more.

Sam

5. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Serial no 400,000 and above are knicks guns, below are flues the inners are very different on the 2 guns. I have pictures "exploded views" of the knicks but not flues. I do not think any of the parts are interchangeable. You could drop a dime on diamond gun smithing for more info. Bill

6. Mapper

Mapper Member

I have two Flues single Victories 65 numbers apart and they are different inside. Mine were made in 1919. Sometimes I have trouble getting a good strike on a primer. Generally I pull the stock off and sludge it out and I am OK. I also note that some shells never evidence the light strike problem and others do. I do not know just what is going on, but if mine are kept clean, they work with good shells. They like AAs and Rem Blues.

7. cletius

cletius TS Member

hello-this is Patrick,have figured out that there were different flues models,mine is the crossbolt type 290xxx serial number and from doing research?(not much to be found) have figured that there was a different lockup aparently on earlier flues modles. ok fellows back to the firing pin,when you guys have the breach open on your flues modles,action cocked,how fare is the firing pin recessed into the reciever??? i can put the dial calipers end in the hole and measure mine and it is in about .o42 but have seen pictures of a few on the net that look to be flush and am thinking that the firing pin is short. seems the pin has to drag on the primer a bit when opening and cocking,seems to be the nature of it. thanks for the input

8. Mapper

Mapper Member

I did not attempt to force them back into the action, but mine do not recede that much. Maybe 10-15 thousandths. Keep in mind that you are dealing with a 90 year old gun and there may be some wear in the chamber, rim cut, and other parts. They can be rebuilt and are the easiest gun I ever shot.

9. cletius

cletius TS Member

you mean the rim cut of the cha,mber can be rebuilt? the shells do seem to drop into the chamber a little to far looking with a straightedge into the lite. tell me how they rebuild the chambers? you must have to shoot things a bunch to wear out the chamber i would think. maybe should advertise for a newer knick model,anybody got one they want to sell?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.