1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Florida wins! SEC RULES!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by JBrooks, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Tim Tebow Rules! He is one of the best football players I have ever seen and it begins with his exceptional character and ends with his desire to win.

2. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

That was Sam Bradford who is the best pure passer since Troy Aikman.

3. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

have to give florida credit. they held the best team in the country & the best quarterback to 2 touchdowns. congratulations to the gators. dwain

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Tebow has a great arm. Throws rockets.

5. GatorFan

GatorFan TS Member

It's great to be a Florida Gator!!!
    Tim Tebow is the greatest. He can play, lead his team, and has great character. More young people should strive to be like him. He single handedly turned Florida's season around and the game tonight!
    Can't wait for next year!

Jennifer Wilburn

6. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Tebow is one fine example of a young man with an excellent future ahead of him. This country needs more young men of his stature.

7. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

That was a great game. There was some hard hitting out there. I hope Tebo comes
    back for another year. I am glad he doesn't play in the Big 12.

Jerry Walker

8. DBax

DBax TS Member

collage football is interesting , Florida is the champ , but Utah went Unbeaten ?

9. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I saw a different game. OU could have very easily led at half time 21 to 7. That could have been a very different game. As it was I saw two very evenly matched teams that took a close game into the fourth quarter. I don't see how anyone can say that the southeast conference rules. I don't remember seeing very many Southeast Conference teams in the big bowls against the other conferences top teams. Only the Big Twelve played the top teams of the other conferences. Except for Texas Tech they all either won or had the game close into the 4th quarter. As for total wins the Pac Ten won that one.

10. Bill Stern

Bill Stern Member

Two outstanding teams with great, although different, quarterbacks. Strong defense on both sides with bone-jarring hitting. It was a pleasure to watch the chess game that the two superb head coaches and their staffs played. I just sat back and enjoyed what was probably the best college game in years.

11. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

highflyer is right. It was a game decided by a few plays some good some lucky. If those two teams played 10 times it could easily be 5 & 5.

12. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

turnovers, penaltys ,,neither one looked like number one ,,,D Lang

13. turmite

turmite Member

"I saw a different game. OU could have very easily led at half time 21 to 7. That could have been a very different game. As it was I saw two very evenly matched teams that took a close game into the fourth quarter."

Welllllll....I really think those two goal line defensive stops just before the half says more about who was the best team last night than anything.....other than Tebow. Come to think of it, the final score at the end of that 4th quarter is what counts.....isn't it?

Mike

14. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Go Gators

Utah was undefeated, yes, but, they would not stand a chance against either OU or the Gators. Wooda coulda shoulda doesn't play, The correct two teams played last night and the correct team won, and yes the SEC rules.

15. turmite

turmite Member

Double A where did this Southwest Conference thing come from? That conference has been gone a long time.

Mike

16. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Double A still has season tickets to all Southwest Conference games. lol

17. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

Tebow is good but how good? He should sit out a year and transfer to University of Kentucky and see if he can win the National Championship in Lexington. He can bring that fellow who made the game changing interception with him, along with a couple runners ( Harvin) and receivers. A Few defensive players can come too. Lets see if they come to the land of the Blue Grass can they bring us a national championship ? We would not have lost by nearly 60 points if they had called the game off because of impending disaster. Sunscreen off to Florida (never take my hat off).

Charlie

18. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

DBax, remember Hawaii last year? Yeah.
    -Trappy

19. Charlie Becknell

DoubleAuto,
    You know how to hurt a man when he is down. WE may be down some in basketball but we are getting better, Billy Clyde knows how to recruit and he is bringing in some boys that can play. Too bad we will lose Patrick Patterson, I believe he is the best ball player we have had at Kentucky since Jamal Mashburn. He is truly phenomenal, he makes everyone better and is very unselfish. I have not seen anyone that I would trade for him, including Tyler H. at that Carolina school.
    By the way, we beat LSU last year when they son National Championship in oblong ball. WE found their weakness, could not win in triple overtime, but only Arkansas followed the scrip.
    Never been crazy about Boston College, but they sure made me happy with defeat of UNC. Too bad they lost to Harvard a few days latter.

Charlie

20. Charlie Becknell

Jerry,
    I knew there was something I liked about you.

Doubleauto,
    Would you mind dulling those spurs a little, my backside is getting a little sore. SEC basketball may be down a little this year and KY is still recovering from the lack of recruiting in previous years. I bet by the end of the year whoever gets us in the tournament will not be overjoyed. Unfortunately, I bet we lose Patrick Patterson, a truly great team basketball player.

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.